Fuels

Which is a better Rocket fuel liquid or soild ?

Robert L. Myers wrote:

Depends, like most things. A solid motor is much simpler in design. Liquids deliver higher ISP. The shuttle uses both, for instance, to maximize the benefits from each.
Do you have a specific application context?
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:15:51 GMT, Robert L. Myers
Beige. I think I'll paint the ceiling beige.
- Rick "It depends" Dickinson
--
A *huge* proportion of people cannot make *correct and accurate*
generalisations of principles. They have to learn everything as if it's

Mauve has more RAM...
Rick Dickinson wrote:

"...The dinner was MY idea..."
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - Slackware 10.1 (2.6.10)
Fred Shecter wrote:

bin laden

Yes!
Robert L. Myers wrote:

Sometimes, one is better than the other, sometimes it's the other way around.
For plastic bottle rockets, liquid is better.

DiHydrogen Mononxide.
Second item down the page on the following link:
http://www.questaerospace.com/pages/products_new.htm
But be careful. It's "The Invisible Killer".
http://www.dhmo.org /
scary !

shreadvector wrote:

I like the last item on that list....Quest 18mm D motor for this fall release :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Yea team. This is the culmination of years, nay, decades of work by Gary Rosenfield and Bill Stine.
Big congrats.
Jerry
"Perhaps we should all buy Quest D20's?" - Jerry Irvine