Altimeter Q's

Hi folks. Been quiet of of late. 2 Much work!!!
If you could help me answer a few questions.... A fellow rocket geek on the other side of the country has been
asking me about ADEPT altimeters etc...
He's pretty keen on using ADEPT & want's to know why they don't ship outside the USA.?
Is there an online retailer for ADEPT that does ship international?
And finally he wants to know if the altimeter he eventually buys has to have some kind of TRA or NAR approval for use?
I'm an electronics newbie so I could only help by giving him a list of all the other altimeter manufacturers I could think of and told him to pick a new one out......
Will pass on any info to him. Thanks...
Cheers, Clint.
I've heard that some don't do it because of fraud / ripoffs.
I don't think I've heard of any that are bad so he should buy based on what features he's looking for.
Neither NAR or TRA certify them.
The ones I can think of are Loki Perfect Flight GWiz Adept AED Black Sky
I know there are more. Take a look at http://www.rocketryonline.com / for more info.
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:24:00 +1000, "CJC"

. . . Transolve Olsen Missileworks CoPilot (PML licensed from Missileworks I think?)
-- David

CJC wrote:

Work is a good thing!

Lost my ALTS2 a year ago :(

Good question.

Last I checked they're only available direct from Adept.

Nope.
Love my Olsen FCP/M2 unit but they are no more. Going to score a PerfectFlight unit to replace the ALTS2. Hear many many many good things about the PF units.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75