Homemade Altitude Chamber??

I'm getting ready to build a small chamber to test my altimeters. Nothing special, just a small container with a small siphon to
simulate a few thousand feet of altitude. I've got a pretty good idea about how I'm going to do it, but would like to see how others have done it. Anyone have any nifty how-to's, pictures, etc. that they'd care to share?
TIA, Chuck
--
Chuck Pierce
NAR 78629, TRA 9308, Level 2

Use a vacuum pump and a vacuum guage.

There used to be a bit on Paul Kelly's website, on the page about his homemade altimeter. Unfortunately his site seems to have disappeared. Anyone know where its gone, if it even still exists?
It used to be at: http://www.rocketresearch.org/erg /

Anyone
They are no longer posting information. He is still on arocket, last I knew.
Joel. phx

Chuck, Peter Alway posted plans a few months ago for a simple, easy to make barometric calibration device. I built one and it works like a charm. You'll need an airtight jar (I used a spaghetti sauce jar), some fish tank tubing, and some silicone caulk.
Just run a Google newsgroup search for "Peter Alway altimeter jar" for complete instructions.
I'll post a pic of mine on a.b.m.r.
On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:29:03 GMT, "BB"

I especially like Step 1. Eat all spagetti sauce from jar.
I think that maybe I'll make mine from pint beer bottles. :-)
cp
--
Chuck Pierce
NAR 78629, TRA 9308, Level 2

You mght need multiple vacuum collection vessels.
Jerry
Chuck Pierce wrote:

My first chamber was a Mickey's bottle :)
Worked great for my ALTS2!
Ted Novak TRA#5512
http://spacewarptechnology.com/SWT/How%20To%20Build/build1.htm http://www.adeptrocketry.com/vacuum.htm
also found this: " made my own vacuum chamber to test the unit out of a glass jar. The mouth needs to be large enough for the unit to fit in. I put a hole in the lid with a nail so I could suck out air with a syringe. "
shockie B)

Chuck Pierce wrote:

I used my buddy's vaccuum chamber that he uses to degas propellant. :) I've got my own chamber now, but I haven't bought an altimeter since I finished it.
tim

Yeah, well my buddy uses his to renoir propellant.
len.

On a dali basis? How high do his rockets gogh?

To renoir propellant, you have noir it first, and let it sit for a day or two before you renoir it. So you can't do it dali, it may take manet days.
How high do they gogh? It depends on how much monet you have.
len.

This from a math wiz ;)
Jerry
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:03:44 GMT, Leonard Fehskens

Now, what's possed you to gauguin say such a thing? Only sisley boys worry about how much monet a rocket flight costs! Gogh figure. :-/
cp
--
Chuck Pierce
NAR 78629, TRA 9308, Level 2