How far did the Alpha's go?

Heard about the alpha's being passed around for launch. Just wondered how far they got.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Just got word that they are in MD/DE after flying in Virginia. I've not yet updated the website.

They're still moving!

Reply to
Woody Miller

I've updated the website

By my count, we got 17 states left.

This year, we're trying to catch states from east to west.

Reply to
Woody Miller

yes for sure. could ask vern and gleda to sign the new models.

!!!

Chris Taylor Jr

Hmmm... according to the "lodging" maps at

the event itself is in Evansville, Indiana (a few miles north of the Indiana-Kentucky border), while the hotels are in Henderson, Kentucky (a few miles south of the border).

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

The launch field is on the other side of the Ohio River - within a half mile or so of the site of NARAM-38.

We would have had the motel in the same place, too, were it not for a Jehovah's Witness convention the same week. [sidebar to your sidebar - the JW's will also be in the NARAM hotels, which should make for some interesting interactions.]

I suppose we should have said that NARAM is in Kentuckiana - or Indianucky, if you prefer. [The former term is often used by media types in the Louisville/Evansville area.]

Reply to
Mark Johnson

The launch site is in Indiana. They couldn't find any hotels in that area due to back to back religious conventions in Evansville hitting both weekends, so they had to go across the river to Kentucky for hotels.

Not the first time NARAM has crossed state lines. Right Doug :-)

Bob Kaplow

I can't wait to see the interaction when they knock on the "Ring Rocketry" door...

:-)

Bob Kaplow