ideas for nosecone?

does anyone have any ideas for the construction of a nosecone?(household items)in an old post i found the idea to use an empty eggshell(i thought that was briliant) i have a nice cardboard tube16in. for the body,nice fins mabe from semi thick cardboard.now im just missing the nosecone.rolling paper kindof seems to be a pain,hopefully i will think of something better while the fins are drying(glue) any ideas?

Reply to
CyberMesiah 13

Here's a quick list;

ping-pong ball funnel dixie cup cut the needed portion from a conical party hat plastic egg styrofoam - pre-made shapes or carve it yourself roll your own - some template printing tools can be downloadedfrom

it or not, the rocket can fly safely without a nosecone

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

leggs panyhouse cases aer perfect!

- iz

CyberMesiah 13 wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Carve from balsa? Use half a plastic egg? But I'd probably go with a paper cone soaked in CA?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I remember a stable flight of a spool on the last 2 or 3 LDRS DVD's

so, add a sewing thread spool to the list :)

- iz

Eric Benner wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

empty eggshel l(i thought that was briliant)

I know people who have ostrich eggs or some other big egg (World Bank people...travel a lot to Africa) as souvenir, knick knack or whatever & have thought about them or other larger-than-chicken eggs coated or filled with something to make 'em stronger. -- Richard "which came first?" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Jeez!!!...A quick google search finds those damn ostrich eggs (5.25" diameter) costing from $15.00 to $50.00......more than an off-the-rack nose cone. -- Richard "now if I could get him to bring me some of those cheap ones direct from Africa" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

CoffeeMate liquid Creamer container Pop bottles (soda bottles for you guys in the East) Christmas ornaments (plastic balls,lightbulbs,trees,candles, etc.) Styrofoam balls Nerf footballs

CyberMesiah 13 wrote:

Reply to
Mark Simpson

We had an ostrich egg-loft once.

This didn't win:

We also had scrambled ostrich eggs for breakfast. I'm in no rush to eat another one!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

To add to Mark's list:

Crayon bank tops Plastic easter eggs (or old Leggs panty hose capsules) Sundae cup lids

Bob Kaplow