[ROL CHAT] 12-17-03

ROL chat today 12-17-03, Eastern times

From: firemanup (Home Page) (New Message) at 4:09 PM EST ordered some h128's... they only carry them in med delay and said just to drill down 1/16" per second you want to take off the delay time.. doesn't that void the motor?

From: scottm (Home Page) (New Message) at 4:17 PM EST jason, in actuality the motor is no longerr legal by NAR or TRA, but most clubs will letyou fly it anyway

From: troj [Tripoli webmaster] (Home Page) (New Message) at 4:19 PM EST AT just needs to sanction that and get the motors tested. would save a lot of grief!

From: scottm (Home Page) (New Message) at 4:21 PM EST yep, but it would seem they have bigger problems right now

From: troj (Home Page) (New Message) at 4:35 PM EST Nonetheless, Alex, it's not an "officially sanctioned" practice, and therefore technically is a safety code violation.

From: troj (Home Page) (New Message) at 4:35 PM EST AeroTech needs to be smart about it, but so far, no dice.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I thought it was 1/32" per second.

Aren't the "RDK" packs available in the full selection of delay options?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

It is 1/32" per second, and the flow of bogus information like this is one reason why it isn't sanctioned.

- JT

David We>

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

And you wonder why half the rocketry community thinks you're a prick and won't have anything to do with you?

Ever heard of common courtesy? Obviously not, or you'd know to ask before reposting people's comments.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

If it was "sanctioned" the flow of bogus information would go away because it would be on AT's website, ROL, and just about everywhere else that would have such info.

Pax

Reply to
Paxton

Jerry you are a WANKER! WTF does this have to do with anything? Huh? Talking about ROL Jerry, it looks as if you've got a strawman selling and illegally shipping your motors for you. What say you to that?

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Very bad form, Jerry.

Please get your 'news' from some other outlet. ROL chat is just a bunch of frinds BSing with each other. Nothing 'newsworthy' here.

Todd Moore

Reply to
Todd Moore

It is.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine

Point!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh, were you the anon troll screen named "troj"?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Are you the anon troll Todd who had (very few of) his words posted here in full compliance with:

And if so, what of the POINT of the post. The fact that uncertified (AeroTech) motors are regularly flown at your launches (because you engourage it openly on ROL Chat and therefore at other times and places too) so long as they are not "Jerry-motors".

That is the point isn't it? To protect the status quo and attack any other messenger that comes along?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Who's got bad form now?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

LMAO@Anon Troll. Really, Jerry. My ROL name is Todd Moore. I believe if I was trying to be anon I'd pick a slightly different name.

Todd Moore

- Still hiding behind the anon name that my mother, in her wisdom, gave to me some 37 years ago so that I could be unknown to the ROL chat community.

Reply to
Todd Moore

What has changed in the last 12 hours?

I have always conducted conversations with you on ROL chat in a friendly and civil manner, Jerry. I choose, instead of letting others tell me how 'bad' J. Irvine is, to form my own opinions based on our personal interaction. Since it seems you can't stop posting chat log to RMR against the wishes of the room occupants, I will update my policy to civilly ignore you.

You really work hard to preserve and enhance the reputations you have built. You deserve them.

Todd Moore

-Noted anon.

Reply to
Todd Moore

You want me to post the entire LOG and really embarrass you?

I posted 5 lines directly relevent to the issue (withall their faults and typos) of uncertified AT motors being flown all the time with the full support and sponsorship of local NAR/TRA clubs. It is a far cry from how USR is treated.

It also pointed out that one of AT's most popular motors is UNCERTIFIED yet is ironically relatively available and SHIPPING.

You keep trying to misdirect the thread to call me names for posting 5 lines of text from another list. A PUBLIC LIST no less!!!

Get a life.

Reposts happen all the time here including a post from a PRIVATE list [AR] by Steve Bloom last night re Keystone BATFE. You didn't rag on him for that and that was actually agregious!

Get yet another life.

Thank you. Coming from a reactionary like you it is a high compliment!

I will make a point to post more of your PUBLIC ROL Chat posts in particular. Consider it "an update in policy to address your concerns". Tripoli style :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Gary was on ROL chat today (rare) talking about such a thing.

Chuck was probably there.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ah Ha! Now I know why you used a disclaimer for your name last night on ROL . Boy, don't read RMR for one day and you're lost. ;-) And Jerry, it was a scumbag move posting without permission.

Mark Simps> Jerry Irv>

Reply to
Mark Simpson

Geezz Jerry talk about a TROLL, you are a man with no life - lurking around ROL Chat and grabing other peoples conversations. You spend all of you time harping on and on about poor Jerry and how the world is conspiring againts Jerry.

If you put half as much effort into getting certified as you did about complain and showing why you cant we would not be here. I mean really how much work do you put into this pathetic life of trolling every rocket group and reading and responding to every posting then trolling ROL Chats at night. Please tell me how many hours a day do you do this???? You were the top poster on RMR for the last several years, do you even have time to go the the john?

As for you proof, I see no smoking gun here. What I see is someone asking if the motor is legal to fly and a sanctioned launch and the answer was NO and Kevin clearly answered that motor modifications were not allowed.

This same person who pointed out that the cert on the motor was expired then pointed out that you could get away with it an no one would notice, this person is not representing NAR or TRA so this information is clearly not a sanction action by either club.

It is true true that it might not get noticed. Do you know the reason why no one would notice? Because AT is a good company with a good track record of making good products and getting all of there motors certified. So why would anyone question an AT motor, I do not keep up on all motor certs and when they expire and I dare say neither do a lot of people.

Jerry/USR motors on the other hand are know to have no certification and would always be questioned as everyone who has been in the hobby for more then five minutes has heard or seen a Jerry rant on poor old Jerry on RMR.

I think that we should just change the name of this board. It should no longer be REC.MODELS.ROCKETS since it belongs to you it should reflect that and we should delete RMR and replace it with something like ALT.JERRY.WHINES.AGAIN or maybe REC.WHOS.AFTER.JERRY.TODAY or maybe REC.CERTIFY.ME.JERRY.

As to your motors, I would fly them if you would certify them. So Put up or Shut up.

Scott Pearson

Reply to
Scott

How can I get them certified since ALL the documents are in place and the "government authorities" (TRA/NAR as AHJ for NFPA-1125) refuse to even follow the rules they authored and adopted!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine