88.198.244.100> 4ax.com> 4ax.com> ..."/>

Alternative to MacMaster-Carr?

They are pissing me off. Their website has some idiotic built-in protection against people who click too fast. I've never seen that
anti-customer programming on any other online store's website, and I do plenty of online shopping.
Is there an alternative, currently?
Thanks.

Try MSC and then I will see your reaction.
Then try Grainger.
Both of the above truly suck and there is no other alternative besides them.

They jury is still out on MSC for me.

Grainger sucks runny effluent thru a straw and spits turds.

Yet, if you call Grainger, they are pretty good on the phone.

    For me, MSC is preferred to McMaster Carr. Both accept phone orders, and normally get the items to me the next day. But MSC will happily send me a yearly copy of "The Big Book" -- their boat anchor of a catalog. McMaster Carr wants you to be somehow cannonized before they will send you a catalog, and I find fewer things (of what I want) in a McMaster Carr catalog when I can find one than in the MSC catalog.
    I understand that the McMaster Carr web site is better than MSCs (though MSC's is improving), but I prefer the dead-tree catalog when I'm really looking for something. Among other things, it will show me similar objects which might satisfy my needs better on the same or a nearby page.

    They want me to be a business -- though they will sell to me under the name of my employer before retirement. I think that the requirement is because of pressure from the various trades in the area.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

I get it also but, now we have some idiotic stock room management company running the parts crib and MRO ordering. What a freaking fail. What I could get tomorrow I can now get in a week while supposidly saving the company money. I'd really like to go on about this but I stay in deep cover mode in regards to the job.
I truely miss dealing with the nice lady, with 5 weeks of vacation, in the front office that actually cared. Even with her time off she beats the socks off of the management company we have now.
I bet I don't get the next catalog. :(
On Apr 3, 12:29am, Ignoramus14985 <ignoramus14...@NOSPAM. 14985.invalid> wrote:

IAWTP.
nate
Fleabay?
Depends on what you want. Just about everything they sell can be found elsewhere. Just not many who have their selection and inventory.

On 4/3/2012 12:12 AM, John Doe wrote:

Switch to decaf?
Myopic <myopic top-posters-anonymous.com> wrote:

I don't drink caffeinated anything. Besides, I don't know what their clicking limit is.
--

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 04:12:54 +0000 (UTC), John Doe

I guess you're proof that you can't please everybody.
In my view Mc Master has HUGE selection of quality products at fair prices with INCREDIBLY great service.
Karl
On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 04:36:40 -0500, Karl Townsend

Except that while back they stopped dealing with Canada. Too much paperwork they say.
-- Boris

Yea, what happened to NAFTA? I got clipped when i bought something from Canada. Won't do that again. Can't even use my cell phone up there. And Ontario won't let US types harly even fish.
Maybe that old John Candy movie where we declared war on Canada really is happening.
Karl

So have I. Customers no good, they buy and dont pay.
Karl Townsend <karltownsend.NOT embarqmail.com> wrote:

Then to put a limit on browsing all that stuff is counterproductive.

Some hidden limit on using their website is not incredibly great service.
--

> Karl
On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 15:27:02 +0000 (UTC), John Doe

There is no limit. I use their site frequently and never had a click limit. McMaster is far superior to Grainger.
I have to wonder if the OP is using W95 and 256k of memory.
I am a gamer that uses speech to write and control my computer. Took many years and lots of technical know-how to operate a computer by voice. I'm not a communications/website expert, but I know exactly what I'm talking about. In fact, I provided a readout of the text message provided on their website.
This author is full of shit...
Ed Pawlowski <esp snet.net> wrote:

Maybe you should offer to reprogram their entire web site.
rangerssuck <rangerssuck gmail.com> wrote:

If you're so dedicated, maybe you should do that. I can just shop at other stores. Apparently 6061 aluminum flat bar is a lot cheaper elsewhere.
--

On 4/3/2012 12:12 AM, John Doe wrote:

Search for individual items? We use McMaster because it's quick, easy and we often get the stuff the same day. Most other sites like Granger and such suck much worse. Don't forget the costs of finding and ordering parts adds a lot to the total cost of the parts. Just embrace the horror and learn to work with McMaster.