If you STILL don't want to believe feds act like Jackbooted Thugs....

...then DON'T read this article!!!
http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2006/05/1728644.php
(and this is the CPSC, for God's sake!!!)

It's a matter of time before ALL govt agencies become arms of law enforcement. This will keep happening as long as the sheeple of this country (at the moment the majority) are afraid and are willing to let "big brother" take protect them from the big bad terrorists and evil drug lords, etc, etc. It's a big ugly joke... and the govt is laughing with all the funding that it's getting for more and more enforcement. Hey everybody, congratulate yourselves! ...For letting this happen. Hope nobody here has ordered anything recently from Foxfire, Skylighter or any other fun store! Expect a visit soon!
Daniel
Malcolm Reynolds wrote:

I spend a lot of time in schools, and even I had no idea it was getting this bad. Heck, the life I lived, I'd have spent it in jail if I'd been born a few decades later! My father was a PhD research chemist; I don't remember ever NOT having a top-of-the-line Porter chemistry set. I learned very early a good bit of chemistry, enough to badly embarass my high school chemistry teacher. Even our kitchen was kept to "laboratory standards."
I tend to think of even my contemporaries as dangerously ignorant of the substances they use in daily life (cleaning products, etc.) If this is how kids will now be raised, with no hands-on knowledge (and therefore real understanding) of, well, ANYTHING.... Well, I weep.
They'll live their lives with the unreasoning paranoia about "chemical" that people usually exhibit about "nuclear".

Terry,
You need to get over your obsession. This isn't about your NAR fixation.
Ironically, the root cause of this sort of paranoid overreaction and use of unnecessary force, is the same sort of unwarranted fear and hysteria that you yourself are working hard at trying to drum up in your ceaseless tirade against the NAR board.
You are part of the problem - NOT part of the solution.

The last paragraph of the article reads:
"Kids read about the great scientists and their discoveries throughout history, and marvel that people once did these things, Lazar says. "But they marvel a little too much. Taking chemicals and lab equipment away from kids who love science is like taking crayons and paints away from a kid who may grow up to be an artist.
What we really need to do is take guns away from the JBGTs, and pens away from the lawmakers that write this nonsense.

Great article it is Malcolm.
But did not even one person notice something also "very interesting" ?
They busted Bob Lasar,
someone they said never worked at Los Alamos, till someone found several phone books with his name and office number in them.
Anyone remember what Bob Lasar is most famous for ?
So, they are playing triple spook with this bust.
Cranny Dane

Sure, I do. He was on the TV show "Sightings" many years ago. He claimed he worked on the Alien spacecraft that allegedly crashed near Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. He says he worked on them at Area 51. I think the guy is a crackpot, just my personal opinion.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

Yes, I mis-spelled

Yes, I mis-spelled
Malcolm Reynolds wrote:

All I get there is a blank page.

IIRC Bunny has been invited to the annual convention of one of the amateur fireworks / pyro groups to talk to their board about sueing federal agencies for relief from this kind of crap.
From the web site of the target of this illegal raid:
http://www.unitednuclear.com/legalaction.htm
Yea man in Taiwan we still have chemical shops and access to all kinds of dangerous chemicals like Sulphuric acid 98% concentrated, iodine pellets, sodium metal, stuff like that... things that would get the feds interested back in America...
--
TAI FU