If you STILL don't want to believe feds act like Jackbooted Thugs....

...then DON'T read this article!!!

(and this is the CPSC, for God's sake!!!)

Reply to
Malcolm Reynolds

It's a matter of time before ALL govt agencies become arms of law enforcement. This will keep happening as long as the sheeple of this country (at the moment the majority) are afraid and are willing to let "big brother" take protect them from the big bad terrorists and evil drug lords, etc, etc. It's a big ugly joke... and the govt is laughing with all the funding that it's getting for more and more enforcement. Hey everybody, congratulate yourselves! ...For letting this happen. Hope nobody here has ordered anything recently from Foxfire, Skylighter or any other fun store! Expect a visit soon!

Daniel

Malcolm Reynolds wrote:

Reply to
DanF

I spend a lot of time in schools, and even I had no idea it was getting this bad. Heck, the life I lived, I'd have spent it in jail if I'd been born a few decades later! My father was a PhD research chemist; I don't remember ever NOT having a top-of-the-line Porter chemistry set. I learned very early a good bit of chemistry, enough to badly embarass my high school chemistry teacher. Even our kitchen was kept to "laboratory standards."

I tend to think of even my contemporaries as dangerously ignorant of the substances they use in daily life (cleaning products, etc.) If this is how kids will now be raised, with no hands-on knowledge (and therefore real understanding) of, well, ANYTHING.... Well, I weep.

They'll live their lives with the unreasoning paranoia about "chemical" that people usually exhibit about "nuclear".

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

unsafe products, called

Terry,

You need to get over your obsession. This isn't about your NAR fixation.

Ironically, the root cause of this sort of paranoid overreaction and use of unnecessary force, is the same sort of unwarranted fear and hysteria that you yourself are working hard at trying to drum up in your ceaseless tirade against the NAR board.

You are part of the problem - NOT part of the solution.

Reply to
Malcolm Reynolds

The last paragraph of the article reads:

"Kids read about the great scientists and their discoveries throughout history, and marvel that people once did these things, Lazar says. "But they marvel a little too much. Taking chemicals and lab equipment away from kids who love science is like taking crayons and paints away from a kid who may grow up to be an artist.

What we really need to do is take guns away from the JBGTs, and pens away from the lawmakers that write this nonsense.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Great article it is Malcolm.

But did not even one person notice something also "very interesting" ?

They busted Bob Lasar,

someone they said never worked at Los Alamos, till someone found several phone books with his name and office number in them.

Anyone remember what Bob Lasar is most famous for ?

So, they are playing triple spook with this bust.

Cranny Dane

Reply to
Cranny Dane

Reply to
J.A. Michel

are you refering to Bob Lazar?

Reply to
nitram578

All I get there is a blank page.

raydunakin

IIRC Bunny has been invited to the annual convention of one of the amateur fireworks / pyro groups to talk to their board about sueing federal agencies for relief from this kind of crap.

From the web site of the target of this illegal raid:

Bob Kaplow

Yes, I mis-spelled

Reply to
Cranny Dane

Yes, I mis-spelled

Reply to
Cranny Dane

Yea man in Taiwan we still have chemical shops and access to all kinds of dangerous chemicals like Sulphuric acid 98% concentrated, iodine pellets, sodium metal, stuff like that... things that would get the feds interested back in America...

Reply to
tai fu