Do you still like Hyperscale?

Hi folks,

making short, I do not like Hyperscale anymore. Articles are nothing more that boring advertisment. Forum is less crowded and interesting than it used to be. Somebody out there agrees with me?

Lucio

Reply to
Lucio Martino

FWIW I suspect a lot of people were turned off by the change to a news group requiring registration with the server owner and the complicated registration process. It took me about 4 days to figure out what they really wanted so I could get registered with 54 site. A real PITA! I agree that the traffic on the site is down, probably for the reasons cited above. Still, I find it a useful venue and will continue to go there. One man's opinion!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

FWIW I suspect a lot of people were turned off by the change to a news group requiring registration with the server owner and the complicated registration process. It took me about 4 days to figure out what they really wanted so I could get registered with 54 site. A real PITA! I agree that the traffic on the site is down, probably for the reasons cited above. Still, I find it a useful venue and will continue to go there. One man's opinion!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I still like it!

I already had registered to Network54 for the PlasticPics forum awhile back so It only took me 30 whole seconds to do it again. I found it interesting that it logs me in under my PlasticPics login name and did not require another name.

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott III

I still like it. Haven't noticed any drop in the quality.

Reply to
Simon S. MacKintosh

Yes emphatically

I think the new forum is wonderful, keeps all the crap out. If you are not man enough to take responsibility for your actions/words then don't type them out.

The new forum was an absolute breeze to get into, you can still lurk without logging on, you just cant post (snipe and run and run and hide???) without logging on.

I don't think traffic is down, or inferior to the previous DG. I think there is some absolutely wonderful info coming through at present

Charlie

Reply to
charlieh

I never did like it, so my opinion is probably pointless.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I prefer it to ARC, well apart from a lot of adds or just box reviews.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

I remember the large number of folks who left RMS to go to Hyperscale. As they left, many took vicious parting shots at RMS as "uncivilized", "unfriendly", "right-wing" , "in need of a moderator", etc., etc. Some of the more moderate critical comments were justified. A short time later, Hyperscale erupted into nasty flame wars while - surprise! - RMS reverted to its original excellent forum for an exchange of modeling information. What a coincidence! At first, Brett did a good job of moderating the flame wars, but eventually he was overwhelmed.

I enjoy all the on-line sites including Hyperscale, but I avoid HS "Plane Talking" because of the flame wars there. I especially enjoy "Plane Pix". Lots of really neat stuff there and the turnover is amazing - always fresh.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

It has become somewhat commercialized since its inception ,but I suppose it takes a fair amount of the green folding stuff to keep a site like that going .The advertising I ignore , there is some good info available on the site.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

never bothered with hyperscale. the folks here were always decent to me.. on exception was some clown suggesting i shouldn't be here because i was poor. must have been afraid i would ask for something from him. everyone else seems to understand shoestring modleing and has helped me learn new skills.

As some wit said, "Hot air is what fills the tires of civilization; without it, the ride is bumpy"

Is there any other kind? there is always something - "I would get that, except I need a few more money units......"

Reply to
Andrew M

I used to visit the Tank Talk forum at least once a day. When the switch came to the Plane Talking and Lounge forums, the trouble makers went to the Plane Trading and Tank Talk forums which does not require registration.

They started quite a mess in the normally sedate Tank Talk. I stopped visiting after that incident. Might go back someday, but not any time soon. Too many better armor related sites that don't have troublemakers to bother messing with HS trolls.

BTW, I did visit the lounge and it recognized my Missing_lynx Network54 log in and user name. Virtually no additional sign up was required other than to join the HS forum. Took less than 20 seconds.

Reply to
rgronovius

Hey, fella,

Don't I know you from somewhere?

I still like HyperScale's "Plane Talking". I've been there long enough to know who the flaming twits are and just ignore them.

I used to read RMS and HyperScale religiously until I drifted away from RMS a couple of years ago because of so much off-topic content. Never had anything against anyone here and certainly took no parting shots, just lost interest. Today is the first time I've checked in here in months, and I must say I'm very pleasantly surprised. I've taken a quick scroll through the titles of several thousand articles and found the great majority to be very interesting.

Guess I'll stick around.

Reply to
Jim Whitley

pull up a bimbo and have a beer.

Oh, no wonder! You're part of the problem!!! You're part of that bunch attempting to organize the 2005 Nats. You're one of the Organizing Committee members!!! You're...OOOps! So am I. :-)

For those who haven't checked the IPMS 2005 Nats website recently, Jim has an incredible line-up of programs for the 2005 Nats.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray