What Oscar insignia are these?

Did other countries use Japanese WWII aircraft?

craig

crw59

Google, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net, and eventually he/she will swear they never said..

who cares, however you'll need a mask and snorkel to find the planes though, lol ?

Reply to
teh insane Gaymer

Isn't that occupied Manchuria?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Technically Manchukuo, but yes, occupied Manchuria. The only other Oscars I've seen in foreign markings were Chinese captures, a squadron's worth exported to Siam, a handful used by the French in Indochina right after the war, and even fewer used by the Indonesians while fighting the Dutch post-war, though these last may never have got off the ground. I've never seen Oscars in American or British markings, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

As the box art says, these are the markings of the air forces of Manchukuo. This was a Japanese puppet state in occupied Manchuria. After the War, the French used Japanese aircraft in Indo-China (now Viet Nam) and the Indonesians used some with a national marking made up of a disk divided equally between red and white. The Dutch also used some in the East Indies before Indonesian independence.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

The french didn't have all that many planes left after the war, and flew captured japanese planes in the far east and captured (And even new build) german planes in europe.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

FWIW I have also seen a picture of a Mitsubishi A6M2-N "Rufe" in French markings. Now that was different!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey