when box art does not work....

seems the artist had a bit of a problem with this P-40 tail...

Craig

Reply to
blakeec

The tail looks more like a CW-21.

Maybe that's next. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Reply to
Steve Collins

It looks a bit bent to starboard.

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

looks like he pulled too many Gs trying to turn with a Zero...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Wanna hear some old pc? I've got the original issue of Monograms Fw-190 A-5 and there's no swastika on the box art! Plenty of area to do so too! PA107/100 copyright 1965. Revisionists!

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Take a look at CA's new CR-42 box art. Looks more deformed than the old kit!

Reply to
DBatt56523

****** Hey! That's neat. I'd never noticed it before, so off I went to the styrene cave to dig out my copy. Just like you said. So I dug a bit deeper for a few other old Monogram kits just to take a look-see. I haven't seen these kits in years and years and.......

The swastikas were present in [PA107/100] the decals and instructions - and that is the same for PA107*6804. In that issue the 190 became the 'Lively Luftwaffe Fighter'. Isn't that nice? Kit PA74*98 the 'Me 109E Messerschmitt' [that's how it's written on the box top] the swastikas don't show up anywhere, box top, decals or instructions. But according to the writing on the side of the box this model is authentic in scale, superbly detailed and with fascinating working action, featuring retracting landing gear. Hmmmmmmm, times gone by.........

Ah! Nostalgia. thanks for the trip down memory lane Keeper.

Cheers - Jim.

Reply to
Jim

My first 29¢ Airfix 109 (ca.'64) came without and I didn't miss them until someone else pointed it out.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Cute, I'm using that on ebay.

Now I had to go look! Yup, no swastikas anywhere, how'd it take so long to notice? Love that retractable gear though... Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Got me curious, so dug down deep thru the unbuilt pile, and found an MPC Storch in desert colors, no swastikas anywhere

But since it was a '68 or '69 kit, it came with the bonus Hippy 'customization' decals. Molded in baby blue styrene.

The Monogram 109, no boxtop anymore, but instructions show kit# 6800-0200 and 'A Mattel company' 1962 but thankfully, too early for hippy decals.

** mike **
Reply to
mike

Yeah, MPC was really reaching for ways to expand the market. I've seen later editions that not only included the hippy decals but chrome accent pieces!

Mattel bought Mongram much later than 1962, that would be the original release date. Monogram was bought by Mattel in 1968 IIRC. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

The first fruits of that buyout that I remember was the very crappy F-14A with the engine inlets moulded solid. I was ready to do the happy dance when Mattel's claws were removed from Monogram.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller