Dragon SD251 Halftrack - Individual track links?

geez, does this kit really have separate track links??? I can't do tank tracks, how am I gonna deal with links half that size???

why, why why....

Craig

Reply to
Craig

They are not only single link but two-piece single link.

Try and see if you can find someone with an AFV Club Sd.Kfz. 11 with vinyl tracks, and swap them for the single-piece track sections. The running gear is identical and they SHOULD be a drop fit.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

accuracy, accuracy, accuracy... the two piece track links will drive the proper droop in the return run of the tracks.

I haven't got the 251 yet, but built a DML 250 and the two piece track links are a breeze to assemble and keep functional. All that is required is a simple jig to make assembly child's play.

BTW, DML's Kettenkrad and Borgward also have two piece links.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hartlen

IIRC, AFV Club offers both an indie link set and a pair of glueable soft plastic tracks as separate accessories (a spin-off from their SdKfz 11 halftrack kits, but the armored version used the same suspension and track). If the online hobby dealer doesn't have photos to distinguish them, the soft plastic tracks are about half the price of the indie link versions. GPO

Reply to
Lafimprov