"new" German 1/35 Soldiers?

Is Trumpeter repopping another kit or are these new?

Nice to see a casualty figure for a change. Interesting set of poses, one guy just got hit, another is about to advance, one is looking the other way and the other is just standing....

Craig

who me?

Why don't they ever make a soldier doing what soldiers in the field do a lot of...pissing on trees, crapping in the bushes and sleeping in almost any position you can imagine? Combat poses are okay but what about the majority of the time of real life war? I know... it just don't sell sir. :-) Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

You have to go to resin to get all those poses, which I have done...I think Verlinden does one "taking care of business" figure set. All of which are pricey.

I have several diorama ideas with non battle scenes which will be fun as soon as I can find the figures I need.

Reply to
Craig

These are new, but I've seen Trumpeter's first few figure sets in the local shop, and the sculpting is dreadful, about as bad the figures from Academy. Would't bother with them unless I liked the pose and planned to replace the heads with resin items. Still, Trumpeter has been a fast learner, so maybe they'll hire a competent sculptor eventually and give Dragon and Tamiya a run for their money. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Lafimprov

I would think it would be a lot cheaper the other way around: find figures with heads you really like, then perform plastic surgery to give them the pose you want.

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

...but why does the box art depict them on the grouse moors of Scotland? Were they hunting for Rudolf Hess?

Maybe they were surrounded by irate gentry armed with matching Holland & Holland shotguns! Now there's a set of figures!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

or the home guard with wooden rifles and those sticky bombs.

Ah, they don't like it up 'em Capt Mainwaring!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes