An All American Move by IPMS

I was told the boys at IPMS are going to ban ANY kit made in China/Russia/Pakastan/Iraq/North Korea from any and all contests as of January 1st!

I also hear that NO figures depicting ANY person in a headscarf will be allowed to enter ANY contests!

I also hear they are going to start drug testing the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of all contests!

Man, about time huh?

ProMedeller#33393

Reply to
DDSD

And I heard that Dennis' therapists were going to double his dosage of lithium and thorazine!

--Chris Bucholtz

Reply to
Chris Bucholtz

Chris:

You don't really think that will help, do you?? This asshole is obviously far too far gone for any mere chemical assistance. More serious methods are obviously required, electro shock therapy maybe?

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Would a white robe and cone hat with eyeholes be okay for ya?

Reply to
Curt

Confusing new rules, if this is how they are inscribed. Does this "made" mean kits *manufactured* in the afore-mentioned nations; or does this "made" mean *built* within the afore-mentioned nations?

And by banning "ANY" kit; does this mean they will ban the appearance of just *one* entry, or do they mean to imply "any and all" entries? (See....the "rule" you quote seems to imply that there is an intentional difference in meaning between the former mention of "any", and the latter mention of "any and all".)

U.S.A./C.S.A. Zouaves? Pro-Western Arabs/Indians/Easterners? Allied subjects serving in desert theatres? Civilian females on a windy day? NUNS?! Ghetto-boyz in "doo-rags"? Pirates? Nazgul/Ringwraiths? Dementors?

In another one of your efforts to be "cute"...you once again fail to master the nuances of the English language....

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Thanks guys! I killfile this banana and you bring him back to life!

The Old Timer

Hi all,

Being an Aussie, I have no idea who this Dennis guy is (and I don't really want to know), but I've noted a few of his bizzare postings and can't help wondering why he has such a huge chip on his shoulder regarding the IPMS. He is behaving like a scorned woman...

If you are reading this Dennis, for God's sake just let go, mate. Whatever your problem is, you are only (1) stressing yourself into an early grave, and (2) making a fool of yourself for all the world to see.

To other posters, I suggest just ignoring him. Don't give him the attention he's looking for; let him merrily post away at his leisure, read his postings if you want some amusement, but for goodness sake, don't reply. Maybe he'll eventually get the message that people just aren't interested in his problems.

Cheers all, James.

Reply to
James Venables

Not severe enough, try a .30cal lobotomy.

Reply to
Ron

Greg, he can't negotiate the nuances of humanity.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

he is a scorned woman.

James:

He's essentially just an obnoxious Troll, we just can't seem to get him to crawl back under his bridge.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Only if the sleeves are extra-long...

Reply to
Jeff C

I prefer this version, much closer to the truth - (the mirror being where they get all this crap from):

"At the core of P.J. O'Rourke is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. O'Rourke's writing is a philosophy of snivelling brats." --- a liberal

"Greg Heilers" wrote > "At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -

Reply to
Chek

Mr. O'Rourke is the lone voice-of-reason at "Rolling Stone" magazine. He is their "token middle-of-the-road-politically" writer.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Threw me for a minute then I remembered the local girl's initials are E.J. I couldn't imagine any writer from our local paper getting noticed here. So who's P.J.?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

...and he used to write entertaining stuff over at National Lampoon. I think he's got a book or two out but I've never had time to read them. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I used to love his writing in the Lampoon so I bought his book "The CEO of the Sofa" on tape for a recent car trip. I found it too annoying to listen to and never finished it. I don't know if I've changed or if he has, but it just wasn't funny.

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

I haven't picked up a Rolling Stone in over 20 years and that one had an article on Heart.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-modeller

CEO of the Sofa sounds like me. Actually I'm the King of the Couch Commandos. If you still got the tape(s) I'd be interested in buying just to see how much I've changed as well. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

didn't they write bored of the rings?