Tigercat air racer model at IPMS

There's a glimpse of a Tigercat air racer in a pic or 2 taken at IPMS last year. I've found several pics on the net from IPMS, but no details on this model. Anyone have any pics or details?

Reply to
frank

Frank:

is this the one:

Dave

Reply to
dmorrissette

If it was metallic gray with vermilion prop hubs and named the "Real Doll", I have a pic. with partial listing of its improvements shown on its entry card. I could email you or post on ABMS if you think it might help. Let me know if its the same one you were interested in.

Kaliste Saloom IPMS #30703 Lafayette, LA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

"There's a glimpse of a Tigercat air racer in a pic or 2 taken at IPMS last year. I've found several pics on the net from IPMS, but no details on this model. Anyone have any pics or details?"

That's Mike Meek's "Miss Real Doll, " a 1:48 AMT Tigercat modified according to plans some air racing team once had for a souped-up F7F. You can see images of it at

click on members' models and scroll down about five rows. It's on the far left. Don't get it mixed up with my F7F in 1:72; Mike's is much nicer!

--Chris Bucholtz

Reply to
Chris Bucholtz

I remember that, I think I took a picture of it. I haven't seen a build article anywhere. Where have you looked? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper