Laser off the Moon

Because I'm a Ham Radio operator, I know that I can bounce radio signals off the moon. Not knowing that much about lasers, I was wondering what would be the minimum strength and at what frequency would it take to reflect a laser beam off the mirror on the moon? Has anyone other than NASA accomplished this? Can an amateur do it? Thank you.

Cordially, west

Reply to
west

Dr M1N PhD

Oh my God... are you saying that the Apollo astronauts were all - WOMEN!?

Like in that old "Matt Helm" movie? Man, that Dean Martin could act...

Reply to
Eekamouse

Worse. Pansies.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Darrell & others

This crap is getting cross posted all over the place which means every time you reply you are causing more wackos to polute our group. Please ignore, filter out messages in this thread. A tip for spotting them - they commonly originate from Minh.

This is only going to rmr (I hope)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

It helps insulate us from South African posts.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

"Please mummy - can't we tease the demented troll just a LITTLE bit?"

Reply to
Eekamouse

Back to recycling this tired, oft-scoffed at delusion, Brad?

Reply to
Ulysses S. Grant

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 21:05:21 +0100, Dr M1N PhD wrote: SNIP...

Don't bother Min no one cares what you, a crackpot, think. Address yourself outta' here!

SNIP ...

SB

Reply to
SB