Just flew my 1st Hybrid rocket...It was NNNNNice.

I Just flew a hybrid rocket for the 1st time. I used a Contrail J333. It was a very nice flight. Many from the crowd exclaimed, "That was a hybrid!"
:-)
When I recovered it I found it with the zipper open...shock cord zipped through the tube. 8^(
KT
On 3-Dec-2006, snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

Too bad about the zipper, but great about the hybrid. Personally, I enjoy flying them a great deal. I used the J333 for my L2 cert flight.
Kevin OClassen
Congrats!
Did you have a dual deployment system? We used to have a problem with zippers until we switch to dual deployment only system. Our fav alt is the RRC2.
Cheers!

hybrid!"

No dual deployment. In fact I put a larger parachute on what was a solid motor rocket to handle the extra weight of the hybrid motor hardware. After the zip I had that thought. Dual deployment with a small drone shoot.... My next project.
Thanks for the advice.
Any one out there used a Contrail motor in sparky version (38mm H340 or I290) I am thinking of building a new rocket using the H and I motors. Any recommendation of a good kit for them with dual deployment?
Thanks, KT
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

You should look into anti-zipper construction http://www.rocketryonline.com/modules.php?name=Guiki&MODE=SHOW&PAGE=Anti-Zipper%20Design

http://www.rocketryonline.com/modules.php?name=Guiki&MODE=SHOW&PAGE=Anti-Zipper%20Design
Great link! I thank you! I'll get started on it since I have to rebuild the upper section any way.
KT