US Composites resin

Anybody use this?
http://www.shopmaninc.com/epoxy.html

Although I haven't personally, I've heard of people using it. IIRC the tg is somewhere between AeroPoxy and West Systems.
Phil
Phil Stein wrote:

My Prefect uses Mr. Fiberglass and says it is very close to West Systems and more economical. http://www.mrfiberglass.com/mrfiberglass_epoxy.html I have some but haven't had a chance yet to use it. I did laminate some fins with West Systems and am going to try the Mr. Fiberglass to glass some tubes. Would be a nice comparison.
Kurt
J wrote:

I've used the "635 thin resin" with the "Slow" hardner. Once it set up it appeared to be very similiar to West Systems epoxy. The only problem was that when they said slow they meant s---l---o---w! It took two days to get to the leathery stage and two more to reach full hardness. I will be trying it out again as soon as I fabricate a curing oven where I can raise the temperature to around 150 degrees F. I will also be ordering it in both "Medium" and "Fast" to try them out once the ambient temperature here in North East Ohio gets up around 70 degrees or so.
Ken Holloway NAR #78336 L-II
I've used it to make propellant with just to see how it worked. It burned quite well with potasium nitrate and Iron Oxide.

snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

Did you have to use vacuum degassing?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

No. I didn't. Turned out quite solid. No bubles.
KT
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

Now this is good to know!
Thanx!
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

I did add some additional chemicals (potasium chlorate-not much though) to get the burn rate up to what I wanted. I am still tweaking a little on it to fine tune it. probably could use potasium perchlorate in place of the chlorate.
KT
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

Cool,
How are the hybrids doing or are you holed up for the winter?
Kurt
I launched an 8 lb rocket (motor included) with a Contrail J333 on Dec 2nd at Lunar (Snow Ranch in Northern CA). It flew great. The crowed exclaimed "wow that was a hybrid!" Hmmm I think I've alread told you this. Well anyway, I have not launched another hybrid yet but I am ordering some sparkies to try out. In Feb or Mar I think I will start construction of my home built hybrid motors. I will be trying those out at Black Rock in Nevada during the summer. Between Feb and June I think I should have some motors developed and tested, ready for flight.
Thanks for asking,
KT
you might check at the yahoo group compositerockets