Questions

Im planning on getting permissions, components and before I do I need knowledge. Basically I can't find a rocketry group in australia. I want to get a decent rocket in orbit; with a small payload. I want to build a rocket, based on kerosene and liquid oxygen however must get the right people involved with the right knowledge to do so safely. Any advice, including schematics of rocket engines radio control equipment software or where to get such advice would be much appreciated. I am not a little kid. Or a terrorist. I am a hobbyist searching for new hobbies all the time. Thankyou for reading.

Have you tried

Matt

There ARE groups here, but it depends very much on where you are and what you want to fly. I'll agree that they don't exactly go out of their way to promote themselves publicly, but with a 'terrorized' public and over-eager pollies about, this is understandable.

You mention 'a group' and talk about 'hobbies', but LOX isn't toy stuff. Neither is putting ANYTHING into orbit.

Yes, you can fly rockets bigger than a person, if you know the right places and once all the other conditions are met, and you don't HAVE to be a member of a club to do so. (tho it obviously helps.)

OTOH, if you really want to get more into the professional and/or commercial rocketry scene in Oz, first stop is

BTW, you never mentioned where you are.

Reply to
matt vk3zmw