What sort of resin shouild I use

Hello rcm

I was experimenting with brass cane knobs. Looking at them from the top down, there is a 2"dia flat surface to which I usually get something engraved. I tried boring a 1 3/4" hole to a depth of about 1/4". I then inserted a pin. What I wanted to do was fill this hole, flush to the surface with some sort of resin. I used autobody fibreglass resin, but it dried sort of bronzish colored. I skimped on the MEK to allow time for some very tiny bubbles to rise to the surface, and it cured flawlessly. I was hoping to get a clear drying resin.

Any suggestions as to what I can use?

Thanks Jason

Remove the obvious to reply

Reply to
Jason

Glenn Ashmore

Reply to
JR North

Avoid, they stink and shrink, have no strenght without fillers. Use an epoxy, unless you want a headache from it. Polystyrene will smell up your hole house for days. I get gallon kits of epoxy for 120.00. It's 2 to a ratio, so 1 kit so for about 140.00 I get 2.5 gallons of resin. You should get about 1000 fills out of that.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb protesting the vote."

Reply to
NoSheeples