What sort of clip is a keyring?

There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two- turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon or other hardware suppliers?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I've ordered them before off ebay and they're called key rings, split rings . Searching amazon for "split rings" turns up loads of the items I think you're after.

Reply to
David Billington

I think they're generally called split rings. That's what we fishing-lure makers call them:

Ed Huntress

--jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I'll echo the "split ring" designator.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes, they are split rings. Thank you all.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Split ring. If you are looking for smallish ones look at fishing tackle craft suppliers. Barlow's, LureCraft, etc.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've seen such when looking for Belleville washers.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Not a Belleville washer. They're shaped like shallow cones.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I know, but when I was searching for Bellvilles I saw something like the

2-turn springs that Tim is looking for. Tim didn't expand on his application. BTW, Bellvilles are one of those "magic" components that the inventor deserves a special place in heaven.
Reply to
Tom Gardner

I attach my phone case to a carabiner with a split ring. I then clip the carabiner to my belt loop. While mowing the lawn today, I got the phone caught on something, it stretched out the split ring into an egg shape. I would have expected my belt loop to give up before that. Miek

Reply to
amdx