What is it? Set 385

I need some help with the second last item this week:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
2221 Radio???

2225 This looks as if it might work like the mechanism in my fireplace that holds the flue damper open in one of three positions or lets it close.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
2225 Ha!
Handles & Plates 80% of the way down the page (I) Ratchet Damper Handle
Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

2226 Dowell point used to mark matching holes for wooden pins to be inserted.
Reply to
Roger
2221: Radio? 2222: Pickle Barrel? 2223: Early American Pizza stand off! 8>) or a cup holder? 2224: Safe opener? Security door entrance device? 2225: Barn door closers? 2226: Jo> I need some help with the second last item this week:
Reply to
Michael Kenefick

Excellent, go to the head of the class! I'll pass this on to the owner of it, I'm sure he'll be happy to find out what it's for.

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

This isn't a woodworker's tool, and it wouldn't found in a toolbox or hardware store.

Reply to
Rob H.

It's not a radio but this answer is not far off.

Nope, it's only 6" tall. Although that sounds like a good novelty package idea, like how some wine comes in a wooden box, in this case each pickle comes in its own barrel. ;-)

Close but no cigar, the second word is correct.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Someone found this unidentified tool in a drawer, anyone recognize it?

Rob H.

Hip Flask?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

"Rob H." fired this volley in news:iopcdu01np8 @news2.newsguy.com:

It's a record player. It "drives" around the record, following the groove.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

2222. Powder keg for priming powder?
Reply to
Ed Huntress

Correct!

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, it was marked 'early powder keg'.

Reply to
Rob H.

What if the song ain't got a groove? Is that what 8-tracks are for?

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

It can't be good for the record. But it is an interesting idea.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Another name for it is 'Vinyl Killer', so I guess it's mostly for records that you really don't care about.

Reply to
Rob H.

Shucks, I was gonna say 2222 was a Brandy flask from a St. Bernard rescue dog.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia
2221: just a guess, but I have one in a different form factor... it's a record player. Motorized, the platter stays still while the player follows the groove.
Reply to
whit3rd