What is it? Set 392

I need some help with the second last one this week:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2265: Ahhhh I know one, and for the first time ever think I'm first!

It a worm gear out out or a recalculating ball automotive steering box!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Or make that 'recirculating ball' type steering box. Damn spell check...

Erik

Reply to
Erik

3363 is some sort of steamer ,the drawing appears to show a section at the top with water in it ,and a door on the opposite side from the burner . Could be a smoker. 2264 farriers tools maybe , not sure on this one.

2265 worm shaft from a machine , not sure why its been driven into the soil.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

2264. I think it's a wood splitting tool but it needs a loop attached to a stump for the hook end to get leverage but I don't remember what it's called. 2268. Mechanical Ships's Log.
down one page on the right. Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk

3363 is some sort of steamer ,the drawing appears to show a section at the top with water in it ,and a door on the opposite side from the burner . Could be a smoker. 2264 farriers tools maybe , not sure on this one.

2265 worm shaft from a machine , not sure why its been driven into the soil.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

2267 Guess: looks like an "adjustable caliper"--place a particular dowel in the handle and it will close to a particular width.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

2268: 'looks like some kind of taffrail log for boats, but I don't get the short piece of line. They're usually longer.
Reply to
Ed Huntress

Scratch that. After more carefully staring at the picture, I believe it is used to compress something (by employing its 2 strong handles). The tongs appear to not meet, as I first thought, but to pass each other (which helps explain why they are tapered). I would suspect agricultural use. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with geldings.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The tool appears to be closed, or almost closed, so those tongs cannot close any further, but only open widen.

Reply to
willshak

Point well-taken. Thanks. If the tool was for picking up something hot, I think the handles wouldn't be made of metal, or the handles would be longer. I can't think of a good explanation for the notches in the handle...

Bill

Reply to
Bill

2267 ice tongs?
Reply to
Doug Miller

Haven't you just substituted Democratic where Republican should be? - it was the welfare one that gave it away.

Not sure how this relates to the puzzle, though - or is it an alternative puzzle?

Reply to
Esra Sdrawkcab

It's part of Gunner's sig. He's been told repeatedly that the sig is malformed (that's why your newsreader quoted it), and how to fix it -- but he refuses to do so.

Reply to
Doug Miller

2266 is an IcyBall refrigerator
anorton

Well, both wings of the Statist party are equally culpable for the ills of America, and each and every one of these comments is applicable to either wing, but I'm a card-carrying Libertarian, so I'm insane or stupid practically by definition. So please help me out here - which one of the above comments is "the welfare one?"

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

And, apparently, you've never been told about the "delete" key.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Maybe it's to be used for "enhanced interrogation...."

(Shudder!) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Correct, though I was going to call it a steering wheel column, the person who took the photo said he was going to dig it up but I don't know if he's done it yet.

Reply to
Rob H.

Invented by an Australian of coarse.

Reply to