What is it? Set 481

I need some help with the last one this week:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Most of them left me in the dirt as usual until the last one

2802. Still available vandal proof screw driver often used on marble toilet partitions on this type fastener:
DanG
2797, no ideas. Some kind of angle finder, of course. A web search turned up not much which was useful. 2798 part of early police restraint device 2799 plant tag holder, for potted plants? 2800 variation of pipe wrench 2801 toy rattle, given to Bam Bam on Flinstones 2802 screw driver for security specialized screws

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2802 reminds me of specialized snap-ring (push-on, push-off) removal/installation tools.
Reply to
spamTHISbrp

2797 is a surveying instrument.

I cheated and did a quick web search to find:

WayneJ

Reply to
WayneJ

2797 3d protractor

2798 Bracelet

2799 tent peg

2800 Clamp Wrench

2801 missing link between the stone age and iron age.

2802 screw driver for special screw

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Good detective work, Wayne.. there is a link "Full Text at United Kingdom.." on that page to the following info:

An illustration and parts description can be seen here:

Wild_Bill

2797 - Beautifully made surveyors instrument. Looks like a form of inclinometer. 2798 - Looks like a pipe bridge. Used to hold cast iron pipe while it is cut or being prepped for use. 2799 - Prop for sprinklers?

2800 - Someones idea for an adjustable pipe wrench?

2801 -

2802 - Looks just like the one in my gunsmithing tools. Fits a screw head that has two small holes at the edge. I've used it twice. Both times on a German Mauser.

Reply to
Steve W.

Correct, the patents says "pipe and nut wrench".

Reply to
Rob H.

The most common guess on this tool is that it's for a special kind of nut, but I haven't been able to find one on the web that looks just like this on e. Someone suggested that it's a Berry staple remover, I asked the owner o f it what the text on the handles says but I haven't heard back, looks like it might say Berry.

Reply to
Rob H.

Thanks! I'll send this link to the owner.

Reply to
Rob H.

This one is actually automobile related.

Reply to
Rob H.

This is what I was thinking before your hint. Clamps on a model T or A wheel for going through mud and snow.

Reply to
Ralph

That's it! They recommended two for each rear tire.

Reply to
Rob H.

Good tip, see:

STAPLE REMOVER - Johnnie R. Berry et al

Patent number: 3310288

I was guessing it was for the special security screws too..

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Good job Leon! I didn't have the patent for it. The rest of the answers for this week can be seen here:

Rob H.