What is it? Set 500

I need some help with the second item this week:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2911 An adze for wood working.

No idea on the others as per usual!

Reply to
Rodwell

2916 bench top clamp for holding wood on edge for jointing or other work.
Reply to
woodchucker

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Correct, the owner called it a bench vise.

Reply to
Rob H.

1366&bih=581

It's definitely for woodworking though the person selling said it was for a slightly different purpose than an adze.

Reply to
Rob H.

2912 is a seedling planting tool
anorton

Posting from my desk top PC as always.

Hey, congrats on set 500. Real milestone. We're cheering you on.

2911, possibly some kind of adze for wood working. 2912, looks a bit like a seed distributor, back of a farm machine. I've only seen this kind of thing once, and it was a lot of years ago. There was a vibrating wire in the center, to help cut back on jams. There were four or five of these, for the four or five rows of planting. The farmer I visited, may still be alive. I may be able to go to the old machine, and take several photos. Let me know. 2913, with the exposed wick wonder if it's a version of oil lamp, or mabye an inker for printing press? But, no real information. 2914, early carpet kicker for carpet stretching? 2915, bit brace of some kind. But the tip that opens? No clue. 2916, looks a bit like an end bracket for timber frame construction.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

4/s576/IMG_0435.JPG

Thanks! Looks like this is probably correct, I'll forward it on to the owner.

The rest of the answers for this set have been posted on the site:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm planning to keep it going as long as I can find interesting stuff.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Wouldn't a 'Real millstone' be more appropriate? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wouldn't a 'Real millstone' be more appropriate? ;-)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How corny.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Grinding humor

Reply to
Gunner Asch

How corny.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How corny.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Make you eat your weight in Grape Nuts! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Red, or white?

Reply to