What is it? Set 500

I need some help with the second item this week:

Rob
Reply to
Rob H.
2911 An adze for wood working.

No idea on the others as per usual!
Reply to
Rodwell
2916 bench top clamp for holding wood on edge for jointing or other work.
Reply to
woodchucker
2914 I don't have any idea what its original purpose was, but it looks like it would be a wonderful back-scratcher. I want one.
Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
Correct, the owner called it a bench vise.
Reply to
Rob H.
1366&bih=581
It's definitely for woodworking though the person selling said it was for a slightly different purpose than an adze.
Reply to
Rob H.
2912 is a seedling planting tool

anorton
Posting from my desk top PC as always.
Hey, congrats on set 500. Real milestone. We're cheering you on.
2911, possibly some kind of adze for wood working. 2912, looks a bit like a seed distributor, back of a farm machine. I've only seen this kind of thing once, and it was a lot of years ago. There was a vibrating wire in the center, to help cut back on jams. There were four or five of these, for the four or five rows of planting. The farmer I visited, may still be alive. I may be able to go to the old machine, and take several photos. Let me know. 2913, with the exposed wick wonder if it's a version of oil lamp, or mabye an inker for printing press? But, no real information. 2914, early carpet kicker for carpet stretching? 2915, bit brace of some kind. But the tip that opens? No clue. 2916, looks a bit like an end bracket for timber frame construction.
. .
I need some help with the second item this week:

Rob
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
4/s576/IMG_0435.JPG
Thanks! Looks like this is probably correct, I'll forward it on to the owner.
The rest of the answers for this set have been posted on the site:

Rob
Reply to
Rob H.
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm planning to keep it going as long as I can find interesting stuff.
Rob
Reply to
Rob H.
Wouldn't a 'Real millstone' be more appropriate? ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
I'll let this one go, but don't grind on it.
What mills around, comes around. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. .
"Rob H." wrote:
Wouldn't a 'Real millstone' be more appropriate? ;-)
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
How corny.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
Grinding humor
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Eye ear you, mate.
Got to cob up answer. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. .
Storm>
How corny.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Wheat are you going to do about it? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. .
Storm>
How corny.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Make you eat your weight in Grape Nuts! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
Red, or white?
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
Now, that could cause a bowl movement. Or two.
You really know how to dish it out, man. Lets milk this for all it's worth, sugar? Rob will probably kill us for drifting his thread. Sorry, sir. I don't mean to grape about it, but this has gone nuts. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. .
Storm>
Make you eat your weight in Grape Nuts! ;-)
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
White before use, red after. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. .
Storm>
Red, or white?
Reply to