Awsome sandbox toy

Boris
Reply to
Boris Mohar
We have a nearby playground with just that toy. It is nice, indeed.
Ignoramus29439
Those have been around a while. Yeah, first time I saw one, my first thought was why the hell didn't someone design that when -I- was a kid... And yes, I had a go with it...
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
I need one in my yard to clean up after my dog.
Reply to
Dennis
Dayum, I wish we'd had those when I was a kid.
-- Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects. --anon
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Malamute ?
Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT
One answer; never grow up:
They were popular in Germany when I was a soldier there in the early 70's. The chaplain roped me into helping with his orphanage project which included shopping for Kettcars.
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
Never pass up the opportunity to acquire a toy. You need one with tracks.
My oldest uncle would wade the bays all day with nothing but cigars and drinking water chasing reds, but complained he was too old and hurt too bad to walk his rice fields shoveling levees. For a while, he ran those two wheel drive motorcycles with the tractor treads, shovel in a scabbard. Then he wised up and got a little John Deere with the wedge steel wheels and a tiny backhoe. Look maw, no shovel!
Pete Keillor
Reply to
Pete Keillor
Amazing. Outstanding!
Kids nowadays just don't know how good they have it. Remember Mom and Dad's budgets back then? Compare them to now. Mom and Pop are dropping a few grand a year on toys today. UFR!
-- Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects. --anon
Reply to
Larry Jaques
All I asked for was access to the shop and the scrap heap, and don't look too closely at what I made....
It's possible my flying toys set off the Exeter NH UFO hysteria. The ultra-lightweight poly film parachutes that floated away on thermals like milkweed seeds were saucer shaped and glistened white and silvery from reflected clouds and sun.
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
Oh, so it was you all along. Wait until I tell NORAD, the CD guys, NASA, the USAF, and all the rest of 'em.
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer
Reply to
Larry Jaques
No one reported them at the time, but they may be what Betty Hill's sister Janet saw. I was elsewhere during the big sighting in Kensington, which sounded to me like a student prank hot air balloon that glowed like a Japanese paper lantern.
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
It used to be all a sportsman needed was an old pickup truck and a little boat with a motor to go fishing with. Now there's an arms race of guys with monster trucks and brand-new shiny boats showing up at the fishing holes.
I liked it better before.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Danniken
I never have to clean up - when she does her squat, the scoop goes under and then to the bag. When I take her out, she walks over the scoop if it will be needed. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Well trained!
Reply to
Dennis
And what, pray tell, was wrong with oars? Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
To to hunting now, you need a grand worth of special pattern camo gear, a $4k rifle, a $1k rangefinder, a $12k quad, $2k in camping gear, a hunting license, etc.
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Leave the 'ores onshore and take the motorboat out for some quiet time with the fishies.
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Too much like work, and doesn't impress bimbos. ;-)
Cheers! Rich
Reply to
Rich Grise
SWMBO says I am anyhow! Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller