Anybody use Etchomatic? Help!?

Hello all,
Based on some messages posted here a little while back, I got an EtchOMatic to mark things. Looks ok, but the instructions are geared
around using a typewriter to make the stencil. Anybody remember what those are? Anyway, I would like to use the 'puter with some custom graphics. No info that I can find in the instructions, and their web site seems to be totally geared to industrial users with no info for shmucks like me.
Anybody know an easy way to make a stencil with the 'puter and an inkjet printer?
Or other, useful, advice?
-jim
Jim,     I tried to send you several suggestions on how to solve your problem but your address isn't functional. Oh well. Respectfully, Ron Moore
jjjjj wrote:

Ron Moore wrote:

Why? Is it some big secret that can't be shared with the rest of us?
Ted
If you can find an old dot-matrix printer, it will work.
jjjjj wrote:

--
James P Crombie
Slemon Park, PEI
Machineman wrote:

or get photosensitive silk screen material. Print ink jet image on transparency, expose, develop.
Ted
On 22 May 2004 17:39:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@jabble.com (jjjjj) wrote:

Injet? No. Dot matrix..yes, they will make stencils. Pick on up at the second hand store for $5
Gunner
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.         - George Orwell
As I tried to send to Jim earlier, one of the best ways to create a stencil is to use an old Thermofax machine. You can take any line drawing and when copied on the T-fax, the intermediate pink sheet is etched away by the heat of the process. Used A LOT in tattoo trade and coveted by anyone doing embellishment on fabric (quilters, etc.). They are still around at garage sales and such for $5-20. On EBay, the go for several hundred. At any rate, you could take a one time original to a local tattoo shop and get it done. I've used the printer-type stencil that came with the Metal Marking Methods kit. If using a dot matrix printer, use a BOLD font to get good penetration. It is usually not that well defined on very small images or fonts. Respectfully, Ron Moore