Anybody use Floquil Weathered Black?

Just sprayed a good coat or two on for a scale black finish on a 1/48
Beaufighter. Coverage was complete and the paint was thinned properly. After
drying overnight, however, some putty and sanding marks can be seen through the
finish although the other areas look fine. Sounds like what I hear about
happening with Natural Metal Finishes if the prep work is not done right.
Anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions? Does this paint require
multiple coats? I've never had this problem with any other brand or color of
paint.
Any advice greatly appreciated

Mark
Reply to
M. Saunders
Mark:
I love Flo-Quil paints, but there is one drawback to them. Flo-Quil ground their pigments very fine, and if there are surface flaws, they will show up under dark colors almost as much as with natural metal finishes.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
It just easier to see the defects under the black, look close enough and they're there under other colors. Try sealing the putty with thin CA or Mr. Surfacer 1000 and finish sand with 600-1000 grit paper.
"M. Saunders" wrote:
Reply to
Ron

Site Timeline