Anybody use Floquil Weathered Black?

Just sprayed a good coat or two on for a scale black finish on a 1/48 Beaufighter. Coverage was complete and the paint was thinned properly. After drying overnight, however, some putty and sanding marks can be seen through the finish although the other areas look fine. Sounds like what I hear about happening with Natural Metal Finishes if the prep work is not done right. Anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions? Does this paint require multiple coats? I've never had this problem with any other brand or color of paint.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Mark

Reply to
M. Saunders

Mark:

I love Flo-Quil paints, but there is one drawback to them. Flo-Quil ground their pigments very fine, and if there are surface flaws, they will show up under dark colors almost as much as with natural metal finishes.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey