Video Camera/transmitter on ebay

I just received that 99 cent video cam/transmitter/receiver discussed
here last week. The one that cost $28 to ship (from Hong Kong).
Got it yesterday, only took a few days to get here from Hong Kong.
First impressions are its very good. The video cam/transmitter is very
small, the footprint of a postage stamp and 1/2" high. With 9 volt
battery, it weighs 2.4 oz.
I compared it to my X10 cam and I think the colors are better. And the
video receiver is easy to tune and well made. I just order another
one. The guy on ebay has a few for sale and with different power
output.
I am not making any money telling you about him. I just think it is a
great cam for rockets>>>>
Here is the guy's other auctions:

He has a unit that puts out more more but I lost the bid on that. It
was 800 mw. The one for $1 is 200 mw and suppose go 1000'.
Joe C.
Reply to
Joe C
I got one too. I emailed the seller and asked for the FCC registration number. He said not available. I've seen some comments on the RC forums that some of the cheap chinese stuff transmits on different frequencies than what they claim and is very noisy. Could cause interference with GPS and aircraft receivers. And the 200mw number is optimistic to say the least. But for $0.99, what do you expect? I bid on the more powerful unit and now I'm glad I was outbid.
Joe C wrote:
Alex Mericas
That's so he can cheat Ebay out of their auction fees. Ebay charges a percentage of selling price, so they are only getting a few cents instead of a few bucks. It's supposed to be against the rules, but he's been getting away with it for a while now.
Reply to
Tim
I won the 1 with 800mw. Haven't gotten it yet. I'll probably have it flying next spring.
-- change seveneleven to 711 to reply

M Miller
I picked up one of the 800mw units. I think it was worth what I paid ($40 USD) It doesn't have audio, but I can live with that. Haven't tested the range yet. Camera & transmitter weight is about 65 grams no battery.
Regarding shipping, the stamps on the package come to $30.10 and they say Hong Kong. I did a quick conversion and it looks like $3.89 USD. (That's pretty cheap from HK to US, shipping from California would probably cost more and take as long) Do I feel ripped off paying $24 extra shipping? not really.
-Dan
Dan Chandler Southern New England Association of Rocketry
Dan Chandler
Makes sense now. When you think about, 60 bucks including shipping is still a good price.
Ted Novak TRA#5512
Reply to
the notorious t-e-d
NEXT SPRING? I'm looking to have mine flying for the November 1 launch! The next 6 months are the busiest (and perhaps the best) flying season in Central Texas.
M Miller wrote:
> I won the 1 with 800mw. Haven't gotten it yet. I'll probably have it flying > next spring.
Reply to
Alex Mericas
Yes, it has a regular RCA video out jack. There is no sound.
Joe C. .
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunak>receiver is easy to tune and well made. >>
Reply to
Joe Cacciatore
Ask around and find a ham radio operator who has/knows who has a frequency counter for V/UHF and see what frequency the transmitter is on. It just might be illegal in the US at any power level.
Karl Perry QUARK, Cincinnati, OH
Reply to
KG8GC
Joe, I just flew my two (not at the same time) today. One only went 550' on a D12 and the other went higher on a Pro38 2grain SS load. On both the video was good to apogee and only broke up a bit there due to the 'jiggling about' I just received that 99 cent video cam/transmitter/receiver discussed
Robert DeHate
Yes and No
SOMETIMES the output signal is "non standard" and some "digital" camcorders may have trouble with this.
Example my Hitachi MPEG10W will record from the camera but not the reciever :-(
Something about a signal mismatch of something.
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
I believe it has to be over 1000mw to qualify. otherwise, it falls into the realm of garage door openers, wireless microphones, and car locators.
Reply to
tater schuld
I might be able to get it in the air next month. Just got an AT Wart-Hog at the Hobby Lobby 1/2 off sale. Just need to get a way to record at the field. I am planning on adding a payload section with an extra length of body tube for the camera. Take a look at this auction on e-Bay
-- change seveneleven to 711 to reply
Reply to
M Miller

Site Timeline