Video Camera/transmitter on ebay

One more thing I should add: An unlicensed Part 15 device must have a certificate and registration number from FCC asserting that
it meets the regulations. It is not, to my knowledge, sufficient to simply build a low output device (say 50 mW output) and assert that it is an unregulated device.
WB9QLR
Chris Taylor Jr wrote:

Chris,
Would you still feel that way if the video signal interfered with your RC plane/glider and caused it to wreck?
Just wondering...
Doug
<< Would you still feel that way if the video signal interfered with your RC plane/glider and caused it to wreck? >>
I wonder how the signal might affect nearby electronics such as altimeters, igniters, etc. Or R/C gear on someone else's rocket at a group launch?
irrelevant questions since it does not. it is not even on the same band.
we are talking megahertz (rc planes) verse GIGA Hertz.
Might as well be apples and oranges.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

Hmmmm. Look up a phenomenon called "harmonics".
I have had a cheap, toy store RC transmitter interfere with my expensive glider RC setup. You can't assume that because two devices operate on different frequencies, that there won't be problems. Moreover, cheap unapproved devices are built to lower quality standards, and may produce spurious RF on frequencies other than intended.
PLEASE stop treating this issue with such cavalier disregard. Unlicensed RF transmission and cheap equipment CAN cause problems and COULD wind up costing the offender thousands of dollars in fines, your anarchic opinions notwithstanding.
when the fcc archaic rules recide my archaic opinions will recide
CB's with multiple hundred watt amplification do far more damage than my little 800mw transmitter could ever possibly do.
if you radio is of such low quality as to have a problem with it them you need to update your radio.
also its the fault of the FCC read both parts off FCC RULE 15 I still can not get a FCC person to explain that one to me.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

to match wits with a superior intelligence by grunting forth:

I'm not surprised that you're incapable of understanding it.
I believe you'd have a devil of a job understanding the directions on a packet of instant oatmeal.
Up until now, I've reserved judgement - but with the statements above, you've finally convinced me that you indeed truly are - a complete, utter, blithering, half-witted, feeble-minded fool.
<Fat Bastard Mode> Al'right leetle troll, come 'ere 'n get into me kill-file, now! 'at's right! Right in there! Mmmm.....
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:59:40 GMT, "BB"

Can you imagine Chris, and Arnold in the same ring?
ROFL!
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

Are we talking real, TV quality video here? Or just the typical, blocky, low-frame-rate webcam kind of junk?
Junky today, hi res tomorrow such is technology.
Arnold

video.
<< It is almost as difficult to understand their minds as it is of those who are into S&L >>
Especially during the 80's, when the Savings and Loan industry tanked. ;)
Meaning he has a point and you are ignoring it so as to not look like more an ass objecting to it.
yet I get it.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /
wrote:

station
using.

relaxing
you
count
you
probably
I *think* telecomm is deemed to be interstate commerce by fiat, whether or not the two ends of the transaction actually cross a state line. In other words, it don't matter, if it goes 'on the air' the FCC has authority.
mj
Mark Johnson wrote:

There seems to be a lot of really-short-range commercial stuff that operates on about 433.92 Mhz - car alarm remotes, wireless computer keyboards, etc. - I know that frequency is also an amateur-band frequency.
-dave w

Right you are. I think the remotes, keyboards, and such are designated as secondary users (i.e. not protected from unintentional interference from the primary user). Of course, a properly tested and certified Part 15 device can end up on almost anybody's frequency - I suspect there are exceptions related to life safety like medical devices and police/fire.
It's interesting that the manufacturers of that stuff picked an area of the 420-450 MHz band that is pretty close to the 432 MHz section used by amateurs for weak-signal work such as EME (Earth-Moon-Earth or moonbounce) and meteor-scatter.
Using my remote, I opened my garage door and instantly the nearby aircraft carrier slowly pulled away from the pier.
Coincidence? I think not.
steve

ROFL!
I *have* simultaneously unlocked two completely strange cars which were parked next to mine, while trying to unlock my trunk with the remote.
Of course, after some modification, my car remote puts out 10 watts. Carrying that car battery in my backpack is a pain, but I can unlock my car at a distance of 5 miles!
<vbg>
Tod "Hoehner Harmonics!" Hilty
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
writes:

Seriously, I wanted to increase the range of my garage door opener, because my driveway is 135' long. Then I realized that this was a BAD idea. You never want to operate something like a GDO when you are not in site of the door. Picture this: I press the button to open the garage door for me. But my wife's already got the door open, the hatch open on the van, and it's sticking out the garage. I end up closing the door on the car, dorking the hatch. Or what if my daughter (or dog) is playing around the door, and doesn't realize it's coming down on her.
A car door might not be so dangerous, but you really want to be sure youre the closest preson to the car when you unlock it. Otherwise you could find an army of JBGTs moving in before you get there.
<< You never want to operate something like a GDO when you are not in site of the door. Picture this: I press the button to open the garage door for me. But my wife's already got the door open, the hatch open on the van, and it's sticking out the garage. I end up closing the door on the car, dorking the hatch. Or what if my daughter (or dog) is playing around the door, and doesn't realize it's coming down on her.>>
Another potential problem is, if you open the door while it is out of view, an intruder could slip in.