Video Camera/transmitter on ebay

hummm

Reply to
AlMax714

Not sure about Nascar, but Indy/Cart and F1 certainly. Computerized engine and transmission controls. Active suspensions. Both my VTEC engines trace back to Honda racing.

Bob Kaplow

Especially during the 80's, when the Savings and Loan industry tanked. ;)

Reply to
RayDunakin

Sounds like the reason the got caught wasn't so much that what they were doing was technically illegal, but rather that it was extraordinarily stupid, irritating (attention-drawing), and dangerous.

Reply to
bit eimer

I think it was the combination of illegal and irritatingly stupid that did them in. If a police dispatcher hears such crap, he's highly likely to call the FCC (especially if it happens to be a small town and he recognizes the smart-aleck's voice).

Fortunately, being irritating and/or stupid alone isn't a crime. Yet.

Reply to
Mark Johnson

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jerry

Not unlike running full page ads in a national magazine taunting ATF, eh?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

WHich part of the constitution says I can not and which parts allows them to regulate the electromagnetic spectrum at will with no REAL say from the individual.

No Case ? no just not enough power.

President bush commited treason when he signed the patriot act into law.

This is a fact. not an opinion. what do you think My chances are of getting him impeached for it or for having him arrested for treason. Even though I am right and such action would be correct I say about 0%

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

well that takes me out of the equation.

I have no rockets that will take a transmitter higher than 1000,1500 feet and only if I put a huge motor in it.

Most of my video gear goes up 200-500 feet max

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Exactly. If I find I am interfering I simply stop doing it.

I agree with frequent offenders IE that ignore issues and keep doing it. Fine the hell out of them.

but the power level we are dealing with here is so pathetic that background noise would cause more problems than my transmitter.

and then you have to consider the NATURE of our hobby makes interference even LESS likely. we are in the middle of a large vacant field !! usually in the outskirts of a tow or in rural areas.

the likely hood of problematic interference is so small that I argue that is is for all intents and purposes ZERO.

NOW when you UP the power over a watt to transmit from large high flying HPR rockets.

OK now we are talking a very different beats and I agree. NOW your signal can escape your sphere of influence with enough power to "maybe" cause a problem.

in your example you did the right thing. you stopped the transmitter till you could have it fixed. everyone is happy.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I would use a DV camcorder and then firewire it to mpeg1 or 2 or something like that.

Otherwise any capture card will work just fine. VCR tape in record on the computer.

the quality for ths issue is basically the same. I advise Hauppauge since they are far more open with their features and capabilities etc.. and you can pick nearly any format you want and customize bitrate etc..

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

The constitution does not give you the right nor does it reserve the right. It does, however, give Congress the authority and Congress has given that to the FCC. There have been a few cases that challenge the constitutionality of the FCC licensing scheme, but none have succeeded. Some old case law affirms the licensing authority of the FCC. Recently the "Free Broadcast" folks lost a lengthy appeal in California.

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

And the U.S. Code defines an enemy as a NATION with which the United States is at war.

Which nation, with which we were at war, did the Patriot act give aid and comfort?

BTW, treason is the ONLY crime defined in the constitution. You literialist, ethnocentric, idiots could construe that to mean everything else is legal.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Using my remote, I opened my garage door and instantly the nearby aircraft carrier slowly pulled away from the pier.

Coincidence? I think not.

steve

Reply to
default

ROFL!

I *have* simultaneously unlocked two completely strange cars which were parked next to mine, while trying to unlock my trunk with the remote.

Of course, after some modification, my car remote puts out 10 watts. Carrying that car battery in my backpack is a pain, but I can unlock my car at a distance of 5 miles!

Tod "Hoehner Harmonics!" Hilty

Reply to
hiltyt

carrier slowly

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Your 100mW signal leaves your transmitter at a level that is about 55-60dB above the sensitivity limits of a garden-variety modern VHF or UHF receiver. For an isotropic radiation pattern, that signal drops in power density with the cube of the distance from the transmitter, so things do drop off fairly quickly.

Your typical receiver is sensitive down to 0.25uV or so, which for a 50ohm input impedance corresponds to about 10e-13 to 10e-14 watts at the input.

Ain't no such thing as an isotropic radiator, however. It's a fiction intended to make BOE calculations easier.

So, let's take your 100mW (0.1W) signal and see how it looks 1km away, in terms of power. Assuming a perfect cube law, it's now being seen at something like 10e-9 to 10e-11 watts. Oh dear.

Chris, I do recreational microwave design, and radio astronomy. One of my receivers is sensitive down to about 100Jy, which corresponds to about 10e-24 watts at the input. That's without using anything terribly exotic or mysterious. No oscillator overthrusters, anti-matter/matter converters, Klingon cloaking devices, alien warp drive units, etc...

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Seriously, I wanted to increase the range of my garage door opener, because my driveway is 135' long. Then I realized that this was a BAD idea. You never want to operate something like a GDO when you are not in site of the door. Picture this: I press the button to open the garage door for me. But my wife's already got the door open, the hatch open on the van, and it's sticking out the garage. I end up closing the door on the car, dorking the hatch. Or what if my daughter (or dog) is playing around the door, and doesn't realize it's coming down on her.

A car door might not be so dangerous, but you really want to be sure youre the closest preson to the car when you unlock it. Otherwise you could find an army of JBGTs moving in before you get there.

Bob Kaplow

A few years ago there was a period here when garage doors were opening on their own, or otherwise malfunctioning, in areas near certain Naval bases.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Another potential problem is, if you open the door while it is out of view, an intruder could slip in.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I consider throwing away the constutional rights of US citizens to be both an "act" of war against us AND to be "aiding" the goals of our enemies (who desire to see us without our way of life)

I would say that makes him a traitor by definition then.

Chris Taylor

navigational

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I suggest you schedule another date with your Judge friend and ask about this. I think you will find that you are wrong. Ask him/her about:

Section 9, Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution. "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it. " I don't see the clause that says we have to be at war or that the invasion come from an enemy (i.e. Nation (like treason)), by the way.

And while you're there, ask about "aid> I consider throwing away the constutional rights of US citizens to be both

Reply to
Alex Mericas