[OT] Flap Flap Flap!

My wife just sent me this link to an interesting flying machine:

Bob Kaplow

If you could combine a RC version of that with a rocket booster to get it aloft, you'd have a Rube Goldberg kind of project.

charles

Reply to
mad scientist

Good stuff Bob......a guy had an RC version at NYPOWER 11 and it was so cool to watch. Most enjoyable, thanks for the link!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

But can you cert with it..(:-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

No......but all the kids come running to see the cool motorized birdie. :-)

It's a real side show. Best watched with cold barley soup in one hand, and a burger in the other.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

The real question is, why? Model ornithopters are neat, but a full size is begging for disaster and seems like a waste of research dollars with no hopeful translation into useful technology.

I'm all about flying weird things, but geeze that thing doesn't have a prayer in single failure mode. Hopefully someone thought enough to add a ballistic chute.

Mike Doyle

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
syncbus