Pictures of NightHawk upscale

I posted pics of a 1.25 upscale of the Astron NightHawk to a.b.m.r, if anyone is interested.
This was a super fun build. I had forgotten how much actual 'modeling' went
into the construction of this bird. Hand launches like a dream... 70'+ flights from shoulder height. Once this darn rain stops, we'll see what it really does.
Next step is a 2.5 upscale... this will have a wingspan of 42". Heck, I might even have to paint that one....
Kevin O
Kevin OClassen wrote:

Wow...
Ya probably should've built two of them while you were at it in case one flies away? <vbg>

Andy
Kevin OClassen wrote:

Ritz die stirred into nitrate dope is pretty light but you may have trouble with brush strokes. Jap tissue is also a good solution.

Andy

What's "Ritz die"? Is that the really fancy stuff, or the crumb(!)y stuff made by a tobacco company. me thinks you meant RIT dye?
Bob Kaplow wrote:

It's a fine powder, made by grinding those famous Nabisco crackers into a fine "meal"; then mixing into your favorite clear paint/lacquer/dope.
--

Greg Heilers