Pictures of NightHawk upscale

I posted pics of a 1.25 upscale of the Astron NightHawk to a.b.m.r, if anyone is interested.

This was a super fun build. I had forgotten how much actual 'modeling' went into the construction of this bird. Hand launches like a dream... 70'+ flights from shoulder height. Once this darn rain stops, we'll see what it really does.

Next step is a 2.5 upscale... this will have a wingspan of 42". Heck, I might even have to paint that one....

Kevin O

Reply to
Kevin OClassen

Wow...

Ya probably should've built two of them while you were at it in case one flies away?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

Ritz die stirred into nitrate dope is pretty light but you may have trouble with brush strokes. Jap tissue is also a good solution.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

What's "Ritz die"? Is that the really fancy stuff, or the crumb(!)y stuff made by a tobacco company. me thinks you meant RIT dye?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

It's a fine powder, made by grinding those famous Nabisco crackers into a fine "meal"; then mixing into your favorite clear paint/lacquer/dope.

Reply to
Greg Heilers