Plastisol in Composite Propellants

Reading Richard Morrow's "Small Sounding Rockets", on page 380, I came across polyvinylchloride-based Plastisol used as a fuel/binder in Atlantic Research Corporation's composite "Arctite" propellant (the people people who brought us ARCAS & ARCON, among others). Is this the same plastisol used in screen printing T-shirts & printing iron-on transfers? Is it used in any motors we use today? Thanks. -- Richard "used plastisol inks yesterday printing some more MDRA club T-shirts & sweatshirts" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Don't the Cessaroni propellants use a plastisol binder? If not plastisol, it's some other similar compound. Definitely not an HTPB.

- Jeff Taylor

Rhhickok wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

I thought it was a thermoplastic......not thermoset..... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I think if another book belongs on historians or for that matter any modelers shelf it is a book titled "The Rocket Scientists", Achievement in Science, Technology, and Industry at Atlantic Research Corporation by Philip Key Reily, Vantage Press ISBN: 0-533-12710-6 Copyright 1998. In this incredible book is US Patent 2,966,403 Solid Propellant Compositions and processes For Making Same Here you will find Plastisol or ARCITE!!! Regards, R. Morrow Small Rockets Press

Reply to
Richard Morrow