vortex induced vibrations in composite materials

Hi
I am working on vortex induced vibrations in composite materials. I am
trying to solve the euler bernoulli equation for a riser (composite
material) by using normal mode analysis. I realise the stiffness
constant will vary with time. How is the stiffness constant of a
composite determined and is there any way to model the stiffness
constant in my problem.
Are there any good references available regarding this?
Thanks
Tuhin.
Reply to
Tuhin