Solid Metal Induced Embrittlement

Hmmn, apologies if this has appeared previously, but for some reason my reader seems to think that it disappeared into the electronic aether, and
Google couldn't find a record of it in archive.
I've checked through the latest issue of the ASM Handbook Volume 13A, Corrosion: Fundamentals, Testing, and Protection, but would appreciate any other contributions.
Any help gratefully received.
Regards,
Pete ------------- Peter J Gibson <petergibson[at]NOSPAMbaesystemscom> wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
"Peter J Gibson" <petergibson[at]NOSPAMbaesystemscom> wrote in message

A quick look in Compendex (Engineering Index)at my friendly local public library turned up a couple of older relevant papers in the Corrosion journal. Get ‘em at your local engineering library, or order hard copies from NACE at www.nace.org Don't ever just depend on google. Not verything good is free, and not everything free is good for finding older information.
1) D. N. Fager & W. F. Spurr, "Solid Cadmium Embrittlement. Titanium Alloys", Corrosion, Vol. 26 No. 10, Oct. 1970, pages 409-419
2) R. E. Stolz & R. H. Stulen, "Solid Metal Embrittlement of Ti-6Al-6V-2Sn by Cadmium, Silver, and Gold" Corrosion, Vol. 35, No. 4, April 1979, pages 165-169.
Both conclude in the abstracts that solid cadmium embrittles with kinetics controlled via surface diffusion. 1) says embrittlement goes from room temperature to the melting point in Ti-6Al-4V and Ti-8Al-1Mo-1V
Pittsburgh Pete ======================================== DISCLAIMER
We don't believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Don't worry, be happy.
Add pictures here
✖