Solid edgev9

does anyone know where I can get an instruction/tutorial manual for solid edge v9

thanks

Alf

Reply to
Alf Boyce

I don't understand the replies? All I am asking for, is where I can purchase a training manual for Solid edge version 9

Thanks again !!!!!!

Reply to
Alf Boyce

You would be better off posting this question to a SolidEdge group rather than a SolidWorks one but you probably knew that already. I do know of the Dr. Walt series of instruction books for SE

I don't know if they go back as far as version 9. I don't see any on the site but it is probably worth asking if he has older books. Another option would be to search Amazon or simply Google some key terms if you haven't already.

Good luck,

JJ

Reply to
JJ

WCD is a software pirate hawking stolen software in your thread. He's been at it for years under many names.

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Thanks all for your help There does not seem to be a solid edge forum? sigh!!! But the link you gave me looks hopeful

once again thanks

Boyce"

Reply to
Alf Boyce

Probably too many of them ...

Try here:

HTH

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Alf,

Solid Edge has inbuilt tutorials (available under the Help menu) which are in most cases adequate for getting started with the software, but nothing beats input from expert Users when it comes to developing good modeling techniques and avoiding pit- falls. There are Solid Edge User-Groups active in the Eastern states of Australia if you are interested.

The 'official' Solid Edge newsgroups are hosted by EDS and are available to Maintenance customers with a Webkey account only. There are various Web resources servicing the SE community, such as Solid Edge Digital Digest at

As with any commercial CAD software, if you do not own a license you will get little assistance from those of us who are trying to play by the rules. However you came by the SEv9 copy, you would be well advised to develop your skills on a later version since Solid Edge is now at release 14 with 15 pending.

R.H. (Rick) Mason MASCO Design Services Pty Ltd Oyster Bay NSW Australia

Reply to
R.H. (Rick) Mason