Vibrations in Zenoah G62

My name is Jose and I have an Extra 300 XS 1/4 scale powered with a Zenoah G62. My problem is that the vibrations of this engine are very high. I changed some propellers but I haven´t any solution. Please, can you help me?...

Thank you

Reply to
jobacigal

Is the vibration at idle? If so, you probably have it too rich. They will really run rough if the idle needle is too rich. My G45 ran rough at idle until I leaned it out a bit.

John VB

Reply to
JJVB

Thank you John, that is true, but there are vibrations in my plane also in high rpms What can I do?

Reply to
jobacigal
  1. refer to Giant Scale Tips [site presently down so using archive machine] =

"Prop Balancing By Joe Wagner " quote "This is what Don Garry found he could take advantage of. By installing a purposely-out-of-balance prop on some of his engines, with the heavier blade pointing "down" while the crankpin was at TDC, Don obtained noticeably smoother running -- and enhanced performance! " the rest makes good reading and may solve your problem.

  1. Are you using a solid mount of a vibration damping mount such as those by J'Tec?

Regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

"Prop Balancing By Joe Wagner "

This is an old trick (heavy blad opposite the crankpin) that I learned back in the early sixties and used successfully since my control line days.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Ed Cregger and Alan T. very interesting option, I´m reading the note of Joe Wagner. Thank you very much. José

Reply to
jobacigal

Damn, now I wish I could remember what I said.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger