Composite video

Dumb question Why won't a TV distribution amp pass this? It sounds like it ought to be up in the RF band. I have a composite video signal that is not
happy being split so I put a TV amp in the line and nothing is coming out. What am I missing?
On 01/11/2020 02:37, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It may be that you have a baseband composite TV signal but that your distribution amplifier uses modulated VHF or UHF signals, or vice versa!
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 12:22:35 +0000, gareth evans

That sounds right. I think I am going to put the composite signal into an RF modulator and distribute it as RF Some times I just need a little tug to get my head out of my ass. Thanks for the help.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:

I don't know what type of composite video you have but baseband NTSC video needs a bandwidth from near DC to ~6 MHz or so. In particular, 30/60 Hz and ~15,000 Hz for the synch signals.