Composite video

Dumb question Why won't a TV distribution amp pass this? It sounds like it ought to be up in the RF band. I have a composite video signal that is not happy being split so I put a TV amp in the line and nothing is coming out. What am I missing?

Reply to
gfretwell

It may be that you have a baseband composite TV signal but that your distribution amplifier uses modulated VHF or UHF signals, or vice versa!

Reply to
gareth evans

I don't know what type of composite video you have but baseband NTSC video needs a bandwidth from near DC to ~6 MHz or so. In particular, 30/60 Hz and ~15,000 Hz for the synch signals.

Reply to
Michael Moroney

That sounds right. I think I am going to put the composite signal into an RF modulator and distribute it as RF Some times I just need a little tug to get my head out of my ass. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
gfretwell