question for small kit companies

If I was to test the market for making a Plastic Nose Cone, what size and consensus of a PNC would most of the small kit companies like to see?
DGH
I can see a 5:1 ogive for BT-50, BT-55, BT-60 (there is an estes one, but it is not so readily available) or BT-80 as being useful.
Peter Alway
4" designs would be very popular.
Chuck W Sharc, NAR Section 613 www.flysharc.org
Sharc, the section where two out of three certification flights always work just fine!
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:39:20 -0500, doug holverson

MM nose cones are as scarce as hens teeth. ;)
Alan

Wow! I first interpreted that to be "Model Missiles"! Maybe I did spend too much at the Cannon auction at NARAM-47 :-)
Actually, I've found a CHAD way to make Micro Maxx nose cones. I've got a sharpened brass tube that I manually push through a 1" cube of balsa to cut the blanks. A second one the next size smaller indents the shoulder. Then you can use a pencil sharpener, or just sand until it's cone-like.
If someone were to make MM nose cones, I'd recommend pine or basswood or spruce over balsa. It's hard to work balsa that small without making a fuzzy mess. Plus most MM models seem to need nose weight any way. WHen they were new, and I was in a MM frenzy for a while, most of my obvious scale-downs were unstable.
doug holverson wrote:

I can't speak for "companies", but I would think that many individuals (myself especially) would like to see some BT-70-sized nosecones, as this size seems to be pretty much ignored by the companies, except for a few exceptions (except...exceptions...Is that a redundancy?...lol)
--

Greg Heilers

Only if you say it twice twice.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /