R93: NAR S&T CONTEST MOTOR CERTIFICATIONS

The following motors are certified for use in NAR contests effective June 1,

2004. The manufacturer confirmed their production is now sufficiently regular that all delays of these motors have been available to all contestants for 60 days by this date.

Aerotech: D13-4,7,10; D15-4,6; D24-4,7; E28-2,5; F12-2,5; F22-4,7; F39-6,9; G33-5,7.

Jim Cook, Secretary for NAR Standards & Testing

Jack Kane, Chairman

Reply to
JimCook

G33 *Contest* certified? Isn't the G33 an HPR motor due to propellant weight?

Reply to
DaveL

The G33 is not a Model Rocket motor. 72.2. grams of propellant.

How can it be Contest Certified?

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

So many rules even the OFFICIALS cannot keep track!!!

What of "mere consumers"?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It was anyway for about 10 minutes!!!

The first contest certified G motor!

NAR is winning the arbitrary rules contest.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This coming from the master of arbitrary shipping rules.

I am sooooo glad you got busted Skippy!

Barney

Reply to
Barney R.

Except, of course, for the G64, the G35, the G38 (not currently, but it was), the G80 and possibly others I am forgetting....

- Rick "What, me pedantic?" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Go away troll. We don't need that sort of sentiment around here... we're up against the "over-regulation monster", and you're rooting for _it_...!

If this were a "shootin' war", we'd call your attitude "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Hey Rick. Never correct me when I am wrong. It ruins myself-perception of perfection!

:)

Jerry

"And Jerry Irvine is right! I have dealt with companies in all types of markets and I have never seen less attention to customer service in my life, it seems to go for all the manufacturers. "

- Jeff Jones

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

An agency (DOT) telling us that shipping flammable solids without any markings is unsafe and illegal is somehow the enemy?

What Skippy did was plain wrong. He lied on his paperwork and now I wonder how many times he shipped illegally on commercial aircraft.

I say it again: I'm glad Skippy got busted. He had it coming.

Barney

Reply to
Barney R.

I think a regulation that requires propellant, in the forms and formulas found in sport rocketry products, to be classified for shipment as "Class 1 Explosives", is in fact excessive. I believe this classification overstates the actual hazard characteristics of the material, and creates unnecessary logistical and regulatory obstacles to its commerce and movement.

And, yes, that does mean that I consider an agency that attempts to give force of law to such a requirement to be on the opposing side in our "War Against Over-Regulation".

Which side are you on?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Not Skippy's.

Reply to
Money Shot

The Aerotech G40, G64, and G80 have been contest certified.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Since you have accused Barney R of "giving aid and comfort to the enemy", where is you proof? Please give examples of what he has done to help Jerry. The sworn enemy of all rocketeers trying to stat legal.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Okay. First contest certifed HPR motor.

For 10 minutes!!

Is that better?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That is a very moderate and reasonable position.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Therefore you are in disagreement with 27 CFR 555.141-a-8 as total exemption for ALL PADs and PAD manufacturing.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He didn't say that. He said he's not on your side.

Reply to
Crater

Troll:

My side:

27 CFR 555.141-a-8 as total exemption for ALL PADs and PAD manufacturing.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Your side includes CONFIRMED ILLEGAL SHIPPING which resulted in a $40,000 fine Skippy.

You have little support for your actions.

Reply to
Crater