R93: NAR S&T CONTEST MOTOR CERTIFICATIONS

The following motors are certified for use in NAR contests effective June 1, 2004. The manufacturer confirmed their production is now sufficiently regular
that all delays of these motors have been available to all contestants for 60 days by this date.
Aerotech: D13-4,7,10; D15-4,6; D24-4,7; E28-2,5; F12-2,5; F22-4,7; F39-6,9; G33-5,7.
Jim Cook, Secretary for NAR Standards & Testing
Jack Kane, Chairman
JimCook wrote:

G33 *Contest* certified? Isn't the G33 an HPR motor due to propellant weight?

So many rules even the OFFICIALS cannot keep track!!!
What of "mere consumers"?
The G33 is not a Model Rocket motor. 72.2. grams of propellant.
http://nar.org/pinkbook/4_motor.html
How can it be Contest Certified?
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
-- """Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

It was anyway for about 10 minutes!!!
The first contest certified G motor!
NAR is winning the arbitrary rules contest.

This coming from the master of arbitrary shipping rules.
I am sooooo glad you got busted Skippy!
Barney
"Barney R." wrote:

Go away troll. We don't need that sort of sentiment around here... we're up against the "over-regulation monster", and you're rooting for _it_...!
If this were a "shootin' war", we'd call your attitude "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".
-dave w
On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:09:03 -0700, David Weinshenker

An agency (DOT) telling us that shipping flammable solids without any markings is unsafe and illegal is somehow the enemy?
What Skippy did was plain wrong. He lied on his paperwork and now I wonder how many times he shipped illegally on commercial aircraft.
I say it again: I'm glad Skippy got busted. He had it coming.
Barney
"Barney R." wrote:

I think a regulation that requires propellant, in the forms and formulas found in sport rocketry products, to be classified for shipment as "Class 1 Explosives", is in fact excessive. I believe this classification overstates the actual hazard characteristics of the material, and creates unnecessary logistical and regulatory obstacles to its commerce and movement.
And, yes, that does mean that I consider an agency that attempts to give force of law to such a requirement to be on the opposing side in our "War Against Over-Regulation".
Which side are you on?
-dave w
On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:37:17 -0700, David Weinshenker
Not Skippy's.

Therefore you are in disagreement with 27 CFR 555.141-a-8 as total exemption for ALL PADs and PAD manufacturing.
Jerry

He didn't say that. He said he's not on your side.

Troll:
My side:
27 CFR 555.141-a-8 as total exemption for ALL PADs and PAD manufacturing.

Your side includes CONFIRMED ILLEGAL SHIPPING which resulted in a $40,000 fine Skippy.
You have little support for your actions.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What doe that have to do with you shipping 210 pounds of rocket motors, labeled as "model aircraft parts"?
Why did you do that?

That is a very moderate and reasonable position.
Since you have accused Barney R of "giving aid and comfort to the enemy", where is you proof? Please give examples of what he has done to help Jerry. The sworn enemy of all rocketeers trying to stat legal.
--
Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 Level II
"David Weinshenker" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Christopher Deem wrote:

Would that be like calling Rosa Parks the "enemy of black folks 'trying to stay legal'" under the segregationist power structure of Alabama at the time, or calling the American Revolutionaries "enemies of folks 'trying to stay legal' under the British authority"?
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd have to reach back so far in American history for an appropriate insult, but it has now come: You, sir, are a Tory.
-dave w

Good analogy sir.
David Weinshenker wrote:

How can you compare jerry fraudulently labeling rocket motors as "model aircraft parts" to Rosa Parks and Civil rights?
Are you really that big of a bonehead?? What an ass!!!