R93: NAR S&T CONTEST MOTOR CERTIFICATIONS

What doe that have to do with you shipping 210 pounds of rocket motors, labeled as "model aircraft parts"?

Why did you do that?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

There are lots of contest certified G motors. Over the years they have included the G12, G25, G35, G38, G40, G42, G55, G64, G80, and more. But the G33 wad never contst certified because its an HPR motor, because it's got over 62.5g of propellant. Likewise the G104 and G125 were not able to be contest certified.

Bob Kaplow

Hi all, Are the recertified motors usable at NARAM? They shouldn't be, since they were unavailable during the whole of the 2003-2004 contest season....

Just looking for consistency..

MikeyR

Reply to
BRMutti

GFL

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

[Re]certified motors become usable on the effective date of the announcement. This doesn't impact NARAM, and there is plenty of precedence for new motors that become available being used at NARAM.

It's only DEcertifications that are normally at the end of the contest year.

Bob Kaplow

Hi Jim, Maybe so, but this may be a special case. Why change the contest playing field when it could easily have been said that the motors were only usable in the 2004-5 (+ hopefully!) contest year? The re-certed motors haven't been allowed in competition for some time, an won't be available for competition use until the end of the contest season anyway. If a brand new motor comes out and gets certification after the last day of the contest year, but before NARAM, would it be usable there?

NSL soon!

MikeyR

Reply to
BRMutti

Are the recertified motors usable at NARAM? They shouldn't be, since they were unavailable during the whole of the 2003-2004 contest season....

Just looking for consistency..

If a brand new motor comes out and gets certification after the last day of the contest year, but before NARAM, would it be usable there?

Reply to
GCGassaway

Hi George, Here is where I got my dander up a couple years ago. The Apogee 10.5mm motors were contest certified inside the contest season, but had the certifications pulled before the end of the season and they weren't usable at NARAM. This is a fundamental inconsistancy with the current situation (even though it is exactly the opposite side of the argument.) On another note, do any of you FAI competitors out there need some 10.5's? I still have a fair number of them and will be going to NSL next week...

Fly straight and true!

MikeyR

Reply to
BRMutti

However one certified say May 15, 2004 (or announced then) would be useable despite a VERY SHORT time to the end of the contest year (45 days MAX).

It may not be "unfair access' on a theoretical basis, but on a practical logistical basis acquiring the motors or even becoming aware they are recertified happens for different people at different times. Then you have prep time.

People on rmr heard essentially real-time. People who rely on Sport Rocketry or Model Rocketeer have not been notified yet and probably will not hear till after the contest season is actually over - for real this time.

I personally don't care that much anymore since I no longer HOST many, many contests like I used to. I was "disincented" to do so by NAR Central Kommand.

But if for no other reason than the delays between online notice and physical notice (remember even the web page does not have this notice), then it is truly unfair to have this last minute/week/month availability.

Imagine showing up at NARAM having relied only on physical correspondence only to find 70% (the 60% online plus a couple of their friends) of your competitors have and are using a substantially more competitive motor for an event because they received notice better than you.

THAT has happened to me in NAR contests many times, mostly NOT at NARAM.

TARC gets around this by having an approved list before the event even starts.

Maybe NAR needs an approved list for the contest year, or perhaps for

1st and 2nd half.

Or perhaps nobody cares enough that NAR is arbitrary and will do whatever it wants.

I vote for #3.

Just like the arbitrary and wrong positions on 27 CFR 555.141-a-8 AND the final judgement.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Would that be like calling Rosa Parks the "enemy of black folks 'trying to stay legal'" under the segregationist power structure of Alabama at the time, or calling the American Revolutionaries "enemies of folks 'trying to stay legal' under the British authority"?

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd have to reach back so far in American history for an appropriate insult, but it has now come: You, sir, are a Tory.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Good analogy sir.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How can you compare jerry fraudulently labeling rocket motors as "model aircraft parts" to Rosa Parks and Civil rights?

Are you really that big of a bonehead?? What an ass!!!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Congratulations, you are no longer beneath my contempt.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Now that you have "reacted".

Begin the debate on the actual topic.

Show me rising to the occasion.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Rise to this, why did you (jerry irvine) label a package containing over two hundred pounds of rocket motors as "model aircraft parts"?

Is that what Rosa would have done? I don't think so

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I have a hard-on!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Don't tell me! tell your wife, david weenieshaker, it's his job to service you, not mine.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

My wife sleeps with Beetle Boy. One of many.

But you can ask your "girl" if I properly satisfy a woman :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think David services Skippy on a regular basis.

Reply to
Doug Sims

Our only interface is on rmr and all he does is post in reply to OBVIOUS logical breaks. Yes he receives negative feedback for it, but that only means he has balls and ethics.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine