Rail Guide Standoffs

I am building the Smokin' Rockets 7.5" Honest John for my L-3 attempt. I am planning on using rail guides for the 1.5" rail. The guides need to be spaced away from the body tube because of the shape of the nose cone. I am looking for suggestions on how to accomplish this. I normally just glue a block of wood to a centering ring and use a sheet metal screw to attach the guide but am concerned about the added stresses caused by just using a spacer of some sort like a small pipe nipple or a stack of washers.
Les.
Les Kramer wrote:

A friend made some shaped wooden blocks to use as spacers. The blocks are glued to the airframe, then a screw is run through them into the centering ring to hold the rail guides. Works like a charm and looks nice.
-Kevin

Use a pipe (they are available airfoiled) but reinforce the MOUNT inside the tube more than normal or screw pretty far into a thick centering ring in both places.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

want to get some airfoil shaped alumninum extrusion from the hobby shop?