we got rail

Medford Wisconsin MARS club NAR Section 660 now has 8020 rails.

(really really evil grin)

Reply to
tater schuld

Wow, that's a lot of rails! (Kidding, I know what you mean.)

Mike F.

Reply to
Mfreptiles

D'oh! :D

actualy four 6 footers and a 4 footer of 1010.

now to build the pads to mount them on.

hmmmmmmm 8,020 rails.....now thats a launch site! imagine a drag race!

Reply to
tater schuld

Reply to
Deaver

Why a four foot rail instead of another 6 foot. the extra two foot of rail really should not hurt.

Someone in our club built a hinge onto the bottom of our 1010 rails with a about a 5/8" round rod that goes into the pad. The hinge is used to tilt the rail at a 90 to load the rocket. It could also be used to angle the rail.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Wow, that's alot of rails (I am clueless).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Go to distributor lookup and find one near you. That way you can buy

10,12 foot rails without paying obscene shipping charges.

-Dan

Dan Chandler Southern New England Association of Rocketry

Dan Chandler

CALL and get the distributor near you. I found none of the Phoenix dealers listed sold the product.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Reply to
zak orion

4 foot will be for low/mid power. or to bolt to a 6 foot for 10 foot of rail

yep, still in the thinking stage now

Reply to
tater schuld

Tater, Here is a link to my Yahoo photos, where I have a series of pics of a light duty rail pad I just built last weekend.

If you are interested, here is a link to a thread on TRF, with some details, and parts list.
There's lots of good ideas out there, and some good pre built pads. I just didn't want to spend 100 to 200 dollars for a pad for personal use. I spent around 40 dollars for all the parts, not including the rail, and only used a hack saw, drill, and a dremel to build it.

Hope this helps, or helps you get some ideas, David Logan NAR#79313

Reply to
Dlogan