PYRO Press Release

RELEASE FOR PRESS

PYRO

NAR Section #667

DATE: 5-21-2004

RE: POTTER YOUTH ROCKETRY ORGANIZATION

WEBSITE:

PURPOSE OF PRESS RELEASE: TO INFORM THE PUBLIC OF A NEW HOBBY ROCKET CLUB.

INFORMATION: A NEW ORGANIZATION HAS BEEN FORMED CALLED POTTER YOUTH ROCKETRY ORGANIZATION. THE ORGANIZATION IS NOW ACCEPTING MEMBERSHIPS. THE PURPOSE OF THIS ORGANIZATION IS TO RECRUITE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HELP THE YOUTH IN OUR AREA USE HOBBY ROCKETS AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOOL. PYRO ASSISTS THE BOY SCOUTS, GIRL SCOUTS, 4H, PRIVATE SCHOOLS, ANY AND ALL YOUTH GROUPS FROM CHURCHES, AND OR PUBLIS SCHOOLS AS WELL. PYRO ALSO ASSISTS LOCAL COLLEGES TO TELEMETRY EXPERIMENTS.

OUR ORGANIZATION IS SECTION 667 OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ROCKETRY. FULLY INSURED AND SOON TO BE BONDED.

PYRO?S FLYING FIELD IS LOCATED IN POTTER NEW YORK. PYRO HAS AN FAA WAIVER TO

15000? WITH A 1500ACRE LAUNCH FIELD AND OVER 10,000 ACRES OF RECOVERY AREA.

CONTACT: JOHN TINELLI, 5842 BARCLAY ROAD, SODUS, NY 14551. EVENING PHONE

315-483-0590. OR EMAIL: snipped-for-privacy@ashly.com.
Reply to
mdrocket

Neat!

Um, why are you screaming?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

It appears as though it came off the old teletype machine and the TTs only did caps. So that may have been a whisper.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Sorry, I didn't think I was yelling, but I wasn't whispering either. I just copy/pasted what was given to me by a fellow member. We felt that an announcement stating that we were ready for open memberships was appropriate.

We also think that having a launch site with 1500 acres of open fields connected to about 15000 acres of open farm land was a good thing to let fellow rocketeers to know about, we do believe that we now have one of the best fields east of the Mississippi to fly on.

For all of you who would like to come and fly with us, please check out our website at

You can learn more about us there. You will also learn through our Mission Statement, that we are a Youth Education group and will be always involved with kids at all of our launches.

We hope to have as many of you join us as can, we look forward to having a lot of fun at all of our launches.

Mike Dutch NAR #76705/TRA #7965; Level 3 PYRO Board Chairman NAR Section 667

Reply to
mdrocket

Just joking there, Mike. Oy! 1500, 15000?! Sigh. You guys are sittin' high in the saddle, that's for sure! May have to make a road trip one of these days...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

The last time I saw all upper case news releases was before Al Gore discovered the internet. The reports were from TASS. Before the Soviet Union fragmentized. And probably typed on ASR33 teletypes.

Bob Kaplow