(ANN) Press release

DeepSky Rocket Partnership debuts

31 January 2004. Harpenden. Rocketry and Space Modelling in Britain takes a big step forward today as the four year old Deepsky Rocket Supplies joins with Hesperis Technology Limited in a drive to become the biggest and best source for sport rocketry in Europe.

"We have covered hobby rocketry from model starter sets to big high power rocket kits since we started the business," explained Andy Little, business development manager of the new combination. "Increasing time constraints meant that it was time to make a move and build the business. Handing the reigns of the business to Paul will give me more time for other commitments whilst allowing me to remain involved with the business in a development role, and as a point of contact for established customers and suppliers" Little was the the founder and previously the proprietor of Deepsky.

"Hesperis Technology Limited will be bringing a whole raft of new products to the UK and Europe," said Paul Lavin, managing director of the DeepSky Rocket Partnership. "We will be branching out into competition space modelling supplies, motors, high power components and a lot of fun new stuff that has never been seen here before. Our design and manufacturing capabilities will help enhance our business and make British rocketry more affordable which will attract more enthusiasts."

World class customer service has always been a key value at DeepSky and that is not going to change. While DeepSky's mail order service has been second to none, that service will be extended with a road show visiting rocketry events across the country this year. "We aren't going to sit still and wait for customers to find us," explained Lavin. In addition to personal buyers, DeepSky also provides products and know-how to schools, youth groups, and corporate development organisations.

The DeepSky website is the primary customer gateway at

The site is set to grow and change as the product mix broadens and on-line purchasing is phased in over the coming weeks.

Rocketry is a small but rapidly growing pastime in Britain. As model airplane flyers retire, the new generation is looking to the future of aerospace for their excitement. However, large number of "mature" rocketeers that caught the bug in their youth during the heyday of the Apollo moon missions are now returning to the hobby with their children. Against a background of increased space activity by the US, Europe and now China, Lavin believes that the hobby will rise on that tide. As US astronauts say "The first step into space is a model rocket."

***

Paul Lavin is a Born Again Rocketeer that got his first taste of rocketry back in the 1970s in the US. He was pulled back into the hobby by his teenage daughter, Genni, who went off to the Space Camp in California and came back wanting to do more

Paul has achieved his Level 2 High Power Rocketry certification and is a Range Safety Officer with the UK Rocketry Association. He is chairman of Blast Off for Britain and a SETPOINT Science and Engineering Ambassador. Lavin has lived in Harpenden for ten years with his wife and children who are members of the British Rocketry Team.

Andy Little is a rocketry enthusiast and entrepreneur. Based in Carnforth, Lancs. where he lives with his wife and young son, he has many irons in the fire including lawn mower racing and redecorating his recently vacated office;-)

Paul Lavin

-- Andy Deepsky Rocket Supplies

Deepsky Rocket Supplies

It always starts in California :)