Have Estes D12-0's been discontinued?

I was doing some research on electronics, and found this in a perfectflite manual - for their microtimer.

"The small size of the microTimer allow it to be used with black powder engines as well, providing an alternative to the recently-discontinued Estes D12-0 motors."

Have D12-0's been discontinued? if so, its the first I've heard of it.

-- Niall Oswald ============= UKRA 1345, L0

"If it works it looks good, if it blows up it looks even better" - Frank Kosdon

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Estes did for a period of time, but that was a couple of years back. Both the -0, and -7. I think at that time they were planning on phasing out models that required those motors, but reconsidered.

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

D12-7 - i thought that had been discontinued? Over here (UK) perhaps, just as you can't (easily) get C11's or E9s.

Thanks for the info

-- Niall Oswald ============= UKRA 1345, L0

perfectflite

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Kevin's got 'em at

Regardless, when I first heard about the now "pseudo-discontinuation" of the -0's and -7's, I had a buying conniption, and purchased 12 packs of each... which I still have most of. Lately though, I seem to fly more -3's, and -5's than the others...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

You can't legally get E9s, because they haven't been classified and authorised by the HSE. That's not to say that they can't be obtained though.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Rumor that turned out to be false and now it got restarted. Still false.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We get them easy enough here, in UT... at several hobby stores.

(E-9 and D12-0)

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Hi Niall,

Just re. your post on rmr......we generally have D12-7's available from stock here in the UK, as well as D12-0's and D11-P's. D12-7's are out of stock at the moment, but on order at one of our American suppliers, and should be shipping later in the week.

All the best for now,

Andy Deepsky Rocket Supplies

Deepsky Rocket Supplies