BT-100 body tubes..where can i buy some?

I was wondering if anyone knows of anyplace selling the BT-100 or equivolent body tube for cloning a Saturn 1B...i found all the other parts i need..including finding a BT-63..(paper tube from kleenex cottonelle toilet paper perfect match!!).....so any help would be appreciated..thanks mark

Reply to
mark

My BT-39-LW are 3.898 ID and 0.030 wall

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Dont quote me on this, but *i think* totally tubular do an equivalent. Worth a look for sure, I think they can be found by a quick search on Google. IIRC the web address isn't very 'catchy', again don't quote me on that.

-- Niall Oswald ============= UKRA 1345, L0

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Hi, Mark,

Totally Tubular has a T-101 listed. But no T-100.

More TT info at:

(redirects you to above url)
(newest)

Kosrox was selling T-100, but he has shut down. You can always email him to see if he might have a piece left.

The website says he's "liquidating remaining stock".

Also, the Apogee Sat1B is 1/70 scale like the old Estes, so they should have a nearly identical tube, right?

They may not list it in their parts, but you can email them and see if they'll sell you one.

HTH. Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

It's not on your website that I could find ... so why don't you tell us if it is in stock and price and length , brown or white outter wrap?

Reply to
oar

Well the T-101 is what he needs, I think. The T-100 would be a coupler but you can make one from a T-101 easy enough.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook©®

Paul M. Cook©® postulated:

Gee, Paul©®,

You mean after I went to JimZ's and looked them up, I still got them wrong? Man, I can't believe that. So you went and verified them before jumping in here to tell me I'm wrong, right? I mean, it'd be really bad form to correct someone and be wrong, right?

BTW: The T-100 is not a coupler for the T-101. It's 3.744" od fits quite loosely into the T101's 3.896" id.

Doug I hate getting fired on when I've done my homework.

Reply to
Doug Sams

Lighten up dude. I said I *think* the T-101 is what you need. As it is I am buying tubes to make the *same* clone kit. I am going to use T-101s with T-100s for couplers. I'm an novice rocket builder (though a long time modeler) as I stated in my first post. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and the way I stated it leads that open as a possibility.

And for the record, nobody was *firing* on you. You always get your panties in a twist when people just post a thought?

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook©®

Oops. That is because we do not have "abundant quantities" right now.

17" and 34" and 11". $7, $12, $4

couplers are 3 and 6 inch.

White with glassine outside.

$5 box charge on 34" About $5 shipping minimum. Actual billed.

We are open to buying dead manufacturer's overstocks BTW.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, you wouldn't post it unless you were pretty sure, right? And if you're not sure, why would you post without at least doing a bit of checking?

Think about it. If you *think* someone's wrong, isn't it prudent to not say anything unless/until you're sure?

It's a pretty loose fit. I have the tubes in the garage. I just looked and it will take many, many wraps of tape to snug them up. But I did see a coupler in my 101. I likely got it from Kosrox.

As for using the 101 on the Sat1B, the

1/70 kit plans on JimZ call for a 2.78" long piece of 101 for the tail ring. And a 10.894" long piece of 100 for the upper body tube. Not sure where you're gonna put the coupler.

And my panties are just fine. We all make mistakes, Paul. But I find I make a lot less when I do a little checking before posting.

Doug If God had wanted me to be perfect, He'd'a made me that way.

Reply to
Doug Sams

Well pardon me while I toss you into the paranoid nutcase bin.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook©®

And this from someone who posts copyright and registered trademark by his name?!? Hmm...

Are we back to the pot/kettle thread?

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Actually that goes back a long time to a joke started on another newsgroup.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook©®

HOW does he DO that? Or as the Joker would have said, "Where does he get those toys?" ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

90µ APis 5.1 Oxidizer 45µ APis 1.1D Explosive

How's that! Facts and tricks in one post.

Trick or treat!

Jerry

"I've been catching rockets for thirty years, and I ain't dead yet!"

- Mike Vande Bunt

"And of course you must appreciate that in my opinion your ceaseless war with Frank Kosdon was literally killing him with stress and frustration so I hold you responsible for trashing him physically, financially and emotionally. Frank is a friend of mine and I hate to see him suffer."

- Fred Brennion in a moment of truth and justice

God is good.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

On rmr? Are you trying to cloapse the space / time thingie? ( I can't spell con-ten-u-um and neither can my spell checker)

Keep it up! ( I hear Zigfield is in the audience.) ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Apparently, neither of us can spell collapse either. ; ) Oy vey!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

or the ever poplar :-þ

Reply to
Bruce Canino

"Always a tree?!?"

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

ummm most snacks(peanuts,potato sticks) and oatmeals come in bt-100 sized-ish tube

Reply to
tater schuld