Go for it, Burt!

Godspeed SpaceShipOne!

All the best wishes from this side of the pond.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

What he said.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Too True!!!

Go for it and get that record, then turn it around in 2 weeks and then get the X-prize.

Anybody know of a net broadcast that I can (we) pick up the flight?

-- Sean Level 1 RSO

Sean

Amen to that! I really hope everything goes to plan for Scaled, and I've got a good feeling it will.

Reply to
Richard H

Mee Too

Cant wait to see the pictures. Wish I could be there to see it!! Best of luck to the whole scaled crew.

Cheers Mike 8-{>

-- UKRA #1208 L2 RSO EARS # 1118 TRA #3207 L1

-=*=- Gravity is a harsh Mistress -=*=-

-=*=- The Tick -=*=- Remove .co.uk from Reply To: address.

Reply to
Mike Roberts

Unfortunately not, however we have a gallery full of pictures if you'd care to browse them...

M.

Reply to
Martin Sweeney

I heard that CNN were going to broadcast the launch live, but I dont know whether the UK feed is showing it.

This is going to be a great day. Best of luck to Burt and the Crew inc the pilot Mike Melvill.

Reply to
Kevin Timmins

What they said from the bottomof the other pond, and group heretic!

MMB

Reply to
Michael Mackay-Blair
1:30 GMT isn't it?

-- Niall Oswald ========= UKRA 1345 L0 EARS 1151 MARS

"Gravity assisted pieces of the rocket raining from the sky should be avoided. It is also financially undesirable."

-Portland State Aerospace Society

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Reply to
mark Dunn

To my knowledge, the only "astronaut wings" issued are issued by the USAF. A flight above 50 miles altitude is the qualifier.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

The BBC also have one here:

Dave Hart

Reply to
Dave Hart

The reports say the FAI.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117 BT-5 Blowout

Fred Shecter

This morning on hte news I heard 8:30 CDT. Add 5 for you folks across the pond and and it's 13:30 GMT.

BTW, just who is it that officially hands out "astronauts wings" to those that cross the 50m and/or 100Km barriers?

Good luck, Mike!

Bob Kaplow

What report says the FAI issues astronaut wings?

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Reply to
mark Dunn

Reply to
mark Dunn

There was another report that claimed the FAI gave them 'wings', but I suspect it was just the usual idiot reporter who took the "FAI defines space as xxx" and combined it with "astronaut wings" in their head and spewed out "news" (where "news" = "fiction")

Reply to
Fred Shecter

All branches of the US Military have Astronaut Wings.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

That report also states:

"The X-15 program was a joint effort of NASA, the USAF, and the U.S. Navy. During almost 10 years of solo X-15 flights, several of the pilots met a U.S. criterion for a spaceflight by passing an altitude of 50 miles (80 kilometers). Those individuals were accordingly awarded astronaut status by the U.S. Air Force."

That's not correct, as the USAF awarded astronaut wings only to USAF pilots.

suspect it was just

No doubt.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll