L2 HPR saucers

anyone build one, much less use it for certing level 2?

Reply to
Tater Schuld

I've seen or read of many high power saucers, including some bigs ones power by M or N motors. Polecat Aerospace (formerly Skunkworks Rocketry) even has a high power saucer kit.

I don't know for sure whether anyone has ever used a saucer for a Level 2 cert but I'd be very surprised if that hasn't been done yet.

Reply to
RayDunakin

What'sUp Hobbies sells one that flies great on a K motor. I don't know that anyone has ever used one of the kits as a cert rocket, but it would be possible.

Reply to
Ken Sparks

Artapplewhite.com

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

Well, Tom Binford built one to test a propellant formula for a "P" motor he was working on. Needed the saucer to keep the 17 second burn time "N" test motor under the waiver at O'burg (that or an unstable

500# airframe). :-0 Not an L2 cert-saucer, more of an L3 test-bed airframe..... He proofed it with several smaller saucers first.

BTW, Tom has flown it more than once I think. The first time it was launched, I thought It sounded like an F18 running the throttle up real hard, afterburner too. Check

photos, I believe it's there somewhere.

I'm confident that Tom will correct any incorrect statements I've made about his "test saucer".

David "crawling back under the rock" Holloway

P.S. I just re-created this email address to post just this once... It's now gonna be deleted again.

Reply to
roscoadvisor

No comment...

Bob Kaplow

I built the saucer for the 17 second burn reload for the AT 98/15360 case. It's the same well characterized propellant I use in the P motor. The N flies in the 40" saucer:

23", 54 mm saucer flies on a 54/1706 K160:
pics of the big saucer here:
(watch word wrap)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

I am afraid those are scary cool.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

lbum38&page=2

I like the way the case sticks most of the way out the top of the saucer! I was wondering if the 'N' saucer might actually be tall enough in the middle to house the motor (like a giant AA saucer), now that would be extra cool...

Nice videos on the site - esp the saucer.

-- Niall Oswald ========= UKRA 1345 L0 EARS 1151 MARS

"Gravity assisted pieces of the rocket raining from the sky should be avoided. It is also financially undesirable."

-Portland State Aerospace Society

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Thanks, Tom